Author Topic: Things to do under Lockdown.  (Read 22931 times)

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
Re: Things to do under Lockdown.
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2020, 06:12:13 PM »
Hi Chris , Miata question - if you get the firing order wrong when fixing the plug wire issue, does the car go "Mooz Mooz" rather than "Zoom Zoom"?    :thinking: (points to ponder) :Lol:

I worked on a LOT of the rotary engined RX-7's in the 1980's for friends who raced and rallyed them. They were a really fun car and the engines were a breeze to work on once out of the car.

I'm a bit big framed for a Miata  (would need one for the other foot) (and no, I don't have a pet blue ox) but I liked them a lot too. Mazda sure had the knack for sports cars in those days.
:ROFL: :lolb: :ROFL:

At around 5'7", I'm about as tall as will fit comfortably in a Miata - the seat top is all the way back and touching the roll bar. There was one time I had it at the local garage for its annual state inspection, and the mechanic pulling it into the bay was at least 6'4" - he was sitting in the seat and looking over the top of the windshield, knees up either side of the steering wheel....

Offline kvom

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2020, 10:54:37 PM »
Speaking of Miatas, some former neighbors of mine owned one.  The dad was my size, and his son was a rugby player and tall.  The two of them fit somehow, but it was a funny sight.

As for pastimes, my Jeeping has been cut short by the pandemic.  Dog walking takes an hour each morning and evening.  My office window looks out over our backyard bird feeders where there is plenty of action all day. 

I'm about to restart my credit card points accumulation again as American Express had doubled the rewards on their travel cards to entice people not to cancel them.  This "hobby" enabled me to spend two weeks in Japan in March at 4-5* hotels without paying, so assuming we can travel again in the near term this is worthwhile.

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2020, 03:16:14 AM »
I think the Miata only goes "Mooz Mooz" if you're driving in a pastoral setting. :ROFL: I must admit having just acquired a 1965 Austin Healey Sprite. Some assembly required, a lot actually. It has been sitting bottom up at work for about 15 years. Boss bought a complete car and is parting with this one. Now I need the social distancing to end so that the 4 or 5 people it will take to flip it over can be close enough to do said flipping over. And as hard as it is to believe I've had my 1976 R-90s since 1986 and cant find a photo of it. Guess while its warm I should move it around in the garage so it can be extracted and a photo added to the, what to do under lock down category.
Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2020, 03:28:29 AM »
 :lolb:   so, Mazda started out making cows?.....   :ROFL:

Um, did that Sprite end up upside down intentionally for working on, or did the shop elves miss that last corner?  :o

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2020, 03:37:56 AM »
I just got a small side project. Having made a few small things for the gas powered Lombard trucks up at the logging museum in Maine, been asked to turn replacement choke knobs for them. The original ones were Bakelite, so they found a new composite that looks similar but is machineable. They are sending me a length with measured drawings from the original one. Should be a fun diversion. Hopefully things are such that I can get up there this fall to drive them again.

Offline cnr6400

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2020, 12:14:16 PM »
Hi Chris, I think it was Ford Canada that offered the first cow-based car called "Vache", built in Quebec. It had two horns but no lights.  :facepalm2:

Later a Japanese motorcycle firm offered the Cowasocky, but changed the name to Kawasaki later when people in Newfoundland became confused and started putting work socks on their cattle to get them to walk faster.   :Lol:

I'll save time and  :slap:  myself now.
"I've cut that stock three times, and it's still too short!"

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2020, 01:51:27 PM »
Chris,
Yes it was purposely placed wrong side up. He intended to do some work on it. Then bought a complete runner.
Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline awake

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2020, 05:35:56 PM »
Hi Chris, I think it was Ford Canada that offered the first cow-based car called "Vache", built in Quebec. It had two horns but no lights.  :facepalm2:

Later a Japanese motorcycle firm offered the Cowasocky, but changed the name to Kawasaki later when people in Newfoundland became confused and started putting work socks on their cattle to get them to walk faster.   :Lol:

I'll save time and  :slap:  myself now.

Oh, no need to slap yourself! I think you should milk these puns all you can! Though I'm afraid you may already have used the cream of the crop. But even a bad pun is butter than none, right?

:)
Andy

Offline cnr6400

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2020, 05:53:34 PM »
Oh oh, another pun fan!  :Lol:  :cheers:

Offline awake

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2020, 08:24:06 PM »
:)

I confess that several even more cheesy puns o-curd to me, but I decided that was not the whey to go.
Andy

Offline cnr6400

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2020, 10:00:52 PM »
Chris should be along to slap the both of us any minute. Dairy do it?    :paranoia: :Lol: :cheers:

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2020, 10:14:35 PM »
Chris should be along to slap the both of us any minute. Dairy do it?    :paranoia: :Lol: :cheers:

It would be gouda if he did.

:facepalm2: Crud. You got me.
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Offline gadabout

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2020, 10:16:22 PM »
udders might though...……..

Offline cnr6400

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2020, 10:19:45 PM »
Who, somebody with a beef?   :Lol:

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2020, 10:27:44 PM »
Okay, okay, thats what I get for going up and spending some time cleaning up the wood shop instead of stupervising you silly shop elves!   :Lol:
Now, everyone follow along on the dance:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8XeDvKqI4E" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8XeDvKqI4E</a>

:lolb:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal