Author Topic: 15 HP Witte hit-and-miss  (Read 13281 times)

Offline Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
Re: 15 HP Witte hit-and-miss
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2020, 11:49:19 PM »
Congratulations Craig, nicely done!

Dave

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2020, 04:05:52 AM »
Craig,
Great runner! :whoohoo:
Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline rudydubya

• Western Arkansas USA
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2020, 06:14:56 AM »
Really good looking engine, Craig.  Nice running too.  Looking forward to seeing it in hit-and-miss mode.

Regards,
Rudy

Offline Craig DeShong

• Raleigh, NC. USA
« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2020, 02:35:56 PM »
Chris, Per, Kirk, Brian, Achim, Art, Rudy, and Dave; thanks for your kind comments.  They are appreciated and were needed.

I’m about done with this model. You may recall that I’m building it for a friend, and a while back I had told him that it wasn’t running and if he didn’t want it (why would he?), I was going to strip it of parts and toss the rest in the trash.  (I had completed it and then spent over a month, trying to get it to run dependably and I was pretty disgusted with it).

He encouraged me not to do so and stated he was still interested.  That saved it from the scrap bin… and a day or two later I got one more idea to try in order to produce dependable ignition. 

I re-designed and built the igniter one-more-time and this last version, though it departs somewhat aesthetically from the full size igniter, produces dependable ignition.

I’ve had this model on the bench for a few days or so and now it will start, sometimes with a flick of the flywheel, sometimes more reluctantly with an electric drill; but it will start and run on my schedule, not when it wants too.  Though the governor does not control its speed (which is a disappointment but I’m thinking is a lost cause) I’m calling the model done and am ready to hand it over, with some expectation that it will run dependably for its soon-to-be new owner.

You can see the final video here
http://www.modelenginemaker.com/index.php/topic,9864.0.html
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 09:40:27 PM by Craig DeShong »
Craig
The destination motivates us toward excellence, the journey entertains us, and along the way we meet so many interesting people.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal