Author Topic: Spark plug boots  (Read 1901 times)

Offline stevehuckss396

• Sterling Heights, MI USA
    • Steve's Miniature Sparkplugs
Spark plug boots
« on: March 30, 2020, 07:46:55 PM »
Hello Gents!

I see the question came up again on another forum concerning spark plug boots. The 1/4-32 plugs are easy because there are some Dorman vacuum fittings that can be modified and look pretty good. Unfortunately for 10-40 and smaller there is not much out there. In the next few weeks I'm going to try to recreate my mold for the 8-40 (little demon) boots and also design and make molds for the 10-40 and 6-56 plugs. I will make them available on the website as soon as they are completed. I ordered some silicone material but have no idea when it will be delivered per the current state of the worlds health. I might make 1/4-32 boots also but I will have to see if there is any demand for them and the other sizes. They will be grey in color just like the MSD peformance wires using a soft silicon 2 part putty. I will update this thread if and when they become available. Price will be decided when I get a real life feel for how long the boots take to make.

http://www.miniaturesparkplugs.com/

Do not be like the cat who wanted a fish but was afraid to get his paws wet.

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
Re: Spark plug boots
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 02:08:33 AM »
Steve,
Sounds like a great project and I will keep in mind for future projects.
Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 07:09:22 AM »
S/S have 10-40 and a couple of different 1/4-32 so maybe concentrate on your other sizes for now.

Offline stevehuckss396

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 01:13:00 PM »
Yes Jason that was the plan. I am doing 8's first because I saw someone ask specifically for them. Then I will do 10's. Unlike roy mine are just the boot and will not have wire molded into them. They will be cheaper and you will have the ability to repair if the boot gets burnt or the wire is damaged. Then I will do the 6's. TINY!

Offline stevehuckss396

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2020, 04:42:31 PM »
The boots are done. I have not put them on the website but they are available for $5 usd each. I showed how to get the wire connected on the other forum. Ill put a link to it if you want to check that out.

https://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/threads/spark-plug-boots.32035/

10, 8, and 6

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal