Author Topic: CORONA VIRUS  (Read 7898 times)

Offline ozzie46

Re: CORONA VIRUS
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2020, 10:39:13 PM »
Wife is making face masks. She will be 81 next month. She has made quite a few since friday.

Ron

Offline Flyboy Jim

• Independence, Oregon
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2020, 02:48:45 AM »
Week before last, our local hospital in Salem Oregon gave out 250 kits (made up of cut up surgical sheets) to make masks. Each kit could make 30 to 50 masks. The kits were gone in minutes and the line of cars wanting to pick them up went on for a long ways. Folks brought the completed masks back last week ............11,000 of them. We were among those unable to get a kit. What that told me is that if we could just get the raw materials, we could make hundreds of thousands of mask in this country, made by just regular folks. Warms my heart.  :)

I think we'll see the same thing now that cloth masks for public usage have been recommended.

Jim
Sherline 4400 Lathe
Sherline 5400 Mill
"You can do small things on big machines, but you can do small things on small machines".

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2020, 07:51:19 AM »
That's great news Mike  :) Look after her, don't let her rush her recovery, or it will take longer

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline Steamer5

• Global Moderator
  • The "Naki" New Zealand
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2020, 09:01:40 AM »
Hi Mike,
 That’s great to hear!
Like Jo said tell her to take her time an extra day or two is far better

Isn’t it great in tuff times how some people jump to it to help..... others ....well ......

Cheers Kerrin
Get excited and make something!

Online Vixen

• Hampshire UK
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2020, 09:19:18 AM »
Jo, Kerrin and everyone,

Thanks  :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp:

Our fathers and grandfather were asked to put on uniform and go and fight World Wars.
When our time came, we were only asked to wash our hands, sit on our backsides and stay at home.
And even that was too much for some. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Stay strong

Mike
It is the journey that matters, not the destination

Sometimes, it can be a long and winding road

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2020, 10:05:17 AM »
When our time came, we were only asked to wash our hands, ...

Did I ever mention hand washing in our village hall?

My friend Rosie used to clean the village hall, every day she cleaned it. She told me that we had two big groups of users of the hall, the motorcycle club and the car owner's club, and they would set up their bar on their evenings and sit and chew the cud over a number of pints. She told me how she was constantly topping up the soap and paper towels in the Ladies loos but couldn't remember when she last had to top up the soap or paper towels in the gents  :o

I have heard the argument that men dry their hands down the back of their trousers  :facepalm2: which would account for the paper towels not being used but clearly they had also forgotten to use the soap  :slap:

I am sure this does not include any of you and like me you are going through soap and clean towels like people seem to think they need toilet paper  ::)

Jo

Offline awake

« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2020, 06:10:29 PM »
Mike, so good to hear the improvement for your daughter.

I'm afraid we have received the opposite sort of news. Yesterday morning my wife's youngest sister collapsed, was taken to the hospital, and died within minutes. We don't know if it was COVID-19 or not, but she had had a fever for several days, and shortness of breath - which we didn't know about until just the night before, since she lived halfway across the country from us. At this point, we are mostly numb ... hard to even get our heads around the suddenness of it.
Andy

Online Vixen

• Hampshire UK
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2020, 06:17:30 PM »
Oh Andy,

I am so sorry to hear this awful news and so sudden. My heart goes out to you and the family.

I don't think any family will escape unscathed.

Stay strong

Mike
It is the journey that matters, not the destination

Sometimes, it can be a long and winding road

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2020, 06:53:36 PM »
Very sad to hear Andy.
I hope her family is okay.
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Offline scc

• Lancashire, UK
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2020, 08:53:49 PM »
Sincere condolences Andy,  My thoughts and prayers for you and your wife and families.        Terry

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2020, 09:49:47 PM »
Sorry Andy.....
Dave
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline awake

« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2020, 10:30:50 PM »
Thanks, all. Strange days - I'm not sure it will really fully sink in until we can travel to Colorado and have a service - but who knows when that will be??
Andy

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2020, 11:59:26 PM »
Andy,
Sorry to hear about your sister in law. I talked to my former neighbor's daughter today. Jane isn't doing very well and they aren't expecting her to make it. They've discontinued her room at the nursing home at the end of the month. But at 91 she's lived a full life and it's only been in the last month and a half that she hasn't seemed up to her normal self. I will miss the Thursday before dinner drink with her, and her encyclopedic knowledge of birds. :DrinkPint: to friends!
Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2020, 07:47:23 AM »
That is very sad news Andy.

Covid-19 will take too many before we overcome it, so many families will be touched, so many lives changes beyond what they could have ever imagined before this all started. Look after yourselves and stay safe.

Jo

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2020, 01:39:48 PM »
Sad news Andy and unfortunately being repeated all too often these days. Thoughts and prayers for all of your extended family.

Bill

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal