Author Topic: CORONA VIRUS  (Read 7816 times)

Offline pgp001

• West Yorkshire - UK
Re: CORONA VIRUS
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2020, 11:06:57 PM »
Re the dog food problem, I had the same thing.

The supermarket would only let you have three tins, the problem was the shelf was totally empty every time  :ThumbsDown:
Maybe that's why everyone needs so much toilet roll if they are eating "Chappie" for lunch.  ;D

Solution was to contact a local pet shop who kindly fetched me four dozens tins from the wholesaler and delivered it to my door as well.

Phil

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2020, 02:25:23 AM »
I spent quite a bit of time on the phone this weekend talking to my sister who is a 3 hour drive away. She works for the local school system as an hourly employee. Then to my uncle who is 5 hours north, doesn't seemed to have affected him much but he has noticed the run on things in the stores. As well as my aunt who is about an hour away. Her son, my cousin has been getting their groceries. So they haven't been out of the house at all but at 91 & 86 years old that is as it should be. The idea of calling cause it's safer that visiting seems so foreign. On the other hand My uncle found some trees down in the forest behind him and is thinking of fire wood cutting projects for next summer is a good sign.
Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline tangler

• Christchurch, UK
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2020, 10:11:33 AM »
Mercedes F1 have produced a Continuous Positve Pressure Airway Device [https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52087002].  I wonder if our own SCO (Simon) has been involved?

Stay well,
Rod
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 10:15:21 AM by tangler »

Offline J.L.

• Rest In Peace
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2020, 01:02:19 PM »
Here in Canada, many stores are responding to 'the new norm', by offering not only free delivery of goods, but online purchases with curbside pickup.  Groceries for example can be ordered, bagged and brought out to your car.
John

Offline Allen Smithee

• Mordor, Middle Earth
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2020, 01:05:19 PM »
Nail salons, barbershops, hair salons, waxing centres and tanning places are closed.

It’s about to get ugly out there...
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum sonatur

Online sco

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2020, 03:36:06 PM »
Mercedes F1 have produced a Continuous Positve Pressure Airway Device [https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52087002].  I wonder if our own SCO (Simon) has been involved?

Stay well,
Rod

Hi Rod,

Not involved with that project - most of it was done at Brixworth.  Think there is a different project going on in Brackley.

Simon.
Ars longa, vita brevis.

Offline Firebird

• East Midlands UK
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2020, 05:51:48 PM »
Hi cnr6400

No didn't find any of those  :shrug:

I decided to have a good clean out of the garage while I'm at it so there's a chance they might be in there :thinking:

Cheers

Rich

Offline cnr6400

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2020, 07:51:34 PM »
Well thanks anyway for looking Rich.  :Lol:

re the wormhole, and small parts disappearing - I just have a mental picture of a metric bushel basket sitting on an obscure moon around a remote planet somewhere out in space, with all the small parts I have dropped or misplaced in my shop over the years in it. Tiny springs reach light speed in the wormhole even faster than dropped objects, due to their initial >>BOING<< / launch.

(To say nothing of the bits lifted by the shop elves, the little b$@*#^%T&^s)   :Lol:     :cheers:
"I've cut that stock three times, and it's still too short!"

Offline scc

• Lancashire, UK
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2020, 01:11:37 PM »
I hope you are all keeping safe out there. At the beginning of March my daughter-in-law caught a "cold".  It got worse and she ended up in Wythenshaw Hospital in a critical care bed. 3 wks of incredible effort by our NHS was not enough and we buried her last Friday. It was NOT covid19, just ordinary flu. All the lockdowns could not be at a worse  time. We will all get through it I hope  and be better for it as a society. Needless to say extra shed time due to lockdown has been shelved for now.  We are all fortunate that this hobby of ours keeps us occupied and connected amongst friends. Soon my Charlesworth engine thread will be active again as I  return to "normal" life.  Please take care of all your families and be safe. I apologise for posting bad news but sharing amongst friends helps me to cope.     Regards to all.......Terry

Online Vixen

• Hampshire UK
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2020, 01:41:31 PM »
Terry,

Many of us will not be able to find the words to express our sorrow for your loss

Mike
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 09:27:42 PM by Vixen »
It is the journey that matters, not the destination

Sometimes, it can be a long and winding road

Offline nj111

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2020, 02:36:21 PM »
So very very sorry for you, don't know what else to say
Nick

Offline Flyboy Jim

• Independence, Oregon
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2020, 02:39:19 PM »
This is really sad news Terry. My condolences to you and your family.

This really brings home the seriousness of the situation with Covid-19, as well as the ordinary flu.

Jim
Sherline 4400 Lathe
Sherline 5400 Mill
"You can do small things on big machines, but you can do small things on small machines".

Offline awake

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2020, 03:19:37 PM »
Terry, I am praying for you.
Andy

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2020, 05:32:04 PM »
Very sorry to hear this devastating news.  And it doesn't matter whether it was Covid19 or Flu or whatever.  It is a terrible loss and makes no sense.  My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family during this difficult time.

Please know we are thinking of you.
Kim

Offline Gary Brooke

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2020, 06:41:33 PM »
my thoughts are with you Terry at this dificult time.

Best wishes to you and your family Gary

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal