Author Topic: Rebuild time for my Upshur single  (Read 7175 times)

Offline ironman123

Re: Rebuild time for my Upshur single
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2020, 02:33:51 AM »
Thanks Art.  I do have a cnc milling machine.    I just ordered the plans for the engine from Upshur Engine Works for $10.55     I figured that was easier than using all my brain power to try and remember who I loaned my other plans to.   I made my other cam using the Gene Switzer Cam Grinding Fixture I built many many moons ago.  I bought the SIC issues 39, 40, 41 to build it.  That is a long story.   I boxed it up and it is stored in my shop loft, I got into steam engines, rc boat building (mainly tugs and coastal fishing trawlers), then into wood turning (bowls mainly)  now I am back into machining and rebuilding some of my engines.
Ray
Central Texas

Online Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2020, 02:57:58 AM »
Ray,
The cam grinder sounds like a great idea. There was one in SIC but, I've not got to the point I think it's a necessity and made it. Good luck getting it going again.
Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Online Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2020, 02:45:20 AM »
I realize I haven't done anything here for a bit but, life has gotten in the way. Work has been the busiest in my memory. I have gone from four tens to five. This week we had a Covid 19 scare. I did get tested as well as the bosses. My test come back negative. The person we're most concerned about and was asked not to return for the safety of the rest of the employees will get his results Monday or later, same with the bosses.
I intended to spend time this holiday weekend working on the rod for the Upshur rebuild. So instead I'm ordering a new power supply for the cnc computer and hoping that is all that is wrong. Let you know as I do.
Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2020, 04:20:21 PM »
Glad to hear your test came back negative, Art. Hope the same positive outcome for the others involved. Having Covid-19 doesn't sound like a fun time!
Kim

Online Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2020, 05:39:56 PM »
Kim,
Thanks, I know it's no fun. I've lost two elderly friends to this point. Don't want to see any more.
Art

Online Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2020, 11:06:11 PM »
The last guy in the shops covid test came back negative, that's great. I installed the new power supply in the computer and got on joy. :-[ I have my nephew looking for the motherboard to set the computer up properly. Hopefully this wont take long. I want to get back moving on this rod and engine rebuild.
Art

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal