Author Topic: Toyota results!  (Read 1857 times)

Offline tghs

Re: Toyota results!
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2020, 03:47:53 PM »
they are still "on the road" just a bit here and a bit there, a bit in the driveway..
what the @#&% over

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2020, 04:20:53 PM »
they are still "on the road" just a bit here and a bit there, a bit in the driveway..
:lolb: :lolb:

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2020, 07:01:07 PM »
Got it back today!.  Other than the brakes feel a bit spongy.......it runs great, and it has the new frame, springs, shocks....

Dave
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2020, 07:08:46 PM »
Wow - took them a while to whittle a new frame. Better fix the brakes before it bends the frame bouncing off that wall...!

A friend of mine is going through a similar thing with his Chevy pickup - brand new, vibrates like mad. They've had it for the last 5 weeks, checking/replacing all sorts of things. Seems to be a problem with the new models, lots of others having same issue. Latest theory is the transmission fluid was not too compatible with the new bigger transmission they offered, doing all sorts of behind the scenes 'service bullitens' rather than a recall, he still does not have it back but is looking into the lemon-law to get them to buy the thing back. He's had 5 different loaners, the loaners keep getting recalled for other problems (and they are not even the same model of truck).   :shrug:

Offline Brian Rupnow

• Barrie, Ontario Canada
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2020, 10:11:29 PM »
My drag car in the late 1960's was a 60 Chev Impala with a very high performance 283 engine and a Borg Warner 4 speed transmission. The rear axle was one of Chevrolets "trailing arm" suspensions. I was out drag racing early Camaros one night and pulled both trailing arms right out of the frame. I took the car into Stirling Motors the next day and they fixed it with new fish plates welded all around the trailing arms pivot points. It lasted until the next winter when I lost control of the car on an icy road and got hit broadside by a snowplow.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal