Author Topic: Cutter grinder sale - Another Scam?  (Read 2339 times)

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
Cutter grinder sale - Another Scam?
« on: December 05, 2019, 11:10:11 PM »
Anyone interested in a cutter grinder check out this site.... https://snapspades.top/products/multi-functional-cutter-grinder-sharpener-for-end-mill-drill?_pos=1&_sid=dad731cfd&_ss=r

Don

Edit Jo: Added scamming question to thread title just in case it is one of those too good to be true offers 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 10:07:24 AM by Jo »

Offline Doc

• USA ND
Re: Cutter grinder sale
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 12:12:47 AM »
looks to be a pretty decent machine for that price! I'm almost tempted to order 1 even though I have a sharpening set up that works just fine.

Offline Doc

• USA ND
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 12:23:09 AM »
Well I did go and order one. Thanks Don!!!

Offline Mike R

• Ottawa, ON
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 02:57:40 AM »
Let us know if you actually receive it.  I recently experienced a too good to be true price on a utrasonic cleaner on ebay where the seller never shipped and I had to dispute the payment,  I did get my money back but I feel these are scams where they win if even 1 in 10 buyers "forgets" to dispute the sale in the required amount of time.
If most sites are offering these for $600 to $900 bucks I'd doubt it will actually ship at under $100. 
Another giveaway to me is that under both contact us and about us on the website - neither one has an actual address...
Buyer beware.
Mike

Offline Doc

• USA ND
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 03:44:20 AM »
LOL yes I'll let ya know if not I will dispute the charges with my credit cad company and I won't forget.

Offline RayW

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 08:03:21 AM »
I would be very careful here. A Google search for Snapspades produces zero results, despite the small print referring to their website.
Ray

Offline RayW

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2019, 08:09:22 AM »
Just found something on another website warning about this company. Appears that it may be a scam to get your PayPal details that they then use for fraudulent purposes. If you have any concerns, it might be sensibly to change your PayPal login details.
Ray

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
Re: Cutter grinder sale - Another Scam?
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2019, 10:06:15 AM »
Does look too good to be true  :thinking: I've had a few scams on Ebay but at least there you do get your money back.

Amazon deliveries leave a lot to be desired  >:( My last two deliveries failed to turn up and yet the tracking says "handed to resident" and they were never seen again  :ShakeHead: Amazon did confirm that the delivery scan was done miles from my house so had to fully refund me but when you are waiting for Xmas pressies you are running out of reorder time...

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline Bluechip

• Derbyshire
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2019, 10:16:10 AM »

My last two deliveries failed to turn up and yet the tracking says "handed to resident" and they were never seen again  :ShakeHead:

Jo

Maybe your elf's nabbed them ...  ;)

Dave

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2019, 11:10:12 AM »

Maybe your elf's nabbed them ...  ;)

Dave

You didn't warn me about him having that bad habit when you left him behind on Sunday  :stickpoke:

Last I saw he was still surveying the workshop. I am worried about what might happen when he meets the Workshop Gnome   :facepalm2:

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Online Twizseven

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2019, 05:49:45 PM »
Dave should definitely have brought Surus up.  He could have guarded the valuable goods Dave was carrying and helped to unload and transfer to my vehicle.

He could also ensure that CHUK1 travels at the appropriate time.

On the topic of Amazon.  I had a parcel left the other day.  Thrown/Dropped over 6ft high side gate.  It least it was in a sealed poly bag had it rained.

Was reasonably packed do no damage.

Colin

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2019, 06:27:28 PM »
I have also noticed that Amazon is now taking pictures of packages on your front porch as proof of delivery. This may just be their own delivery drivers though, not sure about ups.

Bill

Online crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2019, 06:52:07 PM »
I have also noticed that Amazon is now taking pictures of packages on your front porch as proof of delivery. This may just be their own delivery drivers though, not sure about ups.

Bill
Amazon only does the pictures a quarter of the time here, always thier drivers and trucks. Sometimes they claim to have handed it to a resident when they leave it on the porch.

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2019, 08:39:09 PM »

Edit Jo: Added scamming question to thread title just in case it is one of those too good to be true offers 
If you pay with PayPal look at the page title closely. It should be PayPal.com with a lock. PayPal will reimburse you if you file a complaint for none compliance from vender.

Regards Don

Offline gerritv

• St Catharines, ON
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2019, 12:47:40 PM »

One more observation on snapspades.top (I recently got a popup ad for a tool cabinet at a superb price). Do a Whois.net on the name and you will see that there is zero information on who owns the domain. .top domains are some of the least expensive ones you can get so no loss when the bail on it.

Gerrit
Don't confuse activity with progress

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal