Author Topic: Double ignition pcb board etched  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Don1966

• Morgan City, LA (Along the Gulf Coast)
Re: Double ignition pcb board etched
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2019, 01:48:39 AM »
Doc not meaning to derail your thread and explanation of how to go about making the boards. I found it most cost effective and very easy to make and print out the actual PCB to examine before making it by using the free software from here..... https://www.expresspcb.com/
it gives you pricing per the size and how many layers you use. It also has silk screening on them. After you upload the layout In a couple of days it is at your door. I am posting the link should anyone be interested.

Regards Don

Offline Doc

• USA ND
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2019, 02:47:33 PM »
Thanks Don I need to try out that design software but as far as making the pcb I like the challenge of doing it myself plus being able at the end of the day being able to say I did it on my own.  It's just the way I am I guess.  :)

Offline awake

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2019, 04:43:05 PM »
Thanks for the video, Doc. Interesting that the key is NOT to have 100% acetone. I have often used acetone to clean off a failed transfer, and as the final cleaning of a board before transferring.

Sometimes the laminator (heat+pressure) approach has produced near-perfect results for me. But sometimes near an edge I think the pressure must not be even, and I get a defect. I have filled in with Sharpie, but sometimes when using SMD components, that is not a practical fix. Maybe I'll try a combination - run it through the laminator AND try some nail-polish-remover. :)

I have sent files off to a board maker. It is quite astonishing how inexpensive it can be, per board ... but generally you get 5 or more boards, when I only want one. :( Still, it is hard to argue with the quality of the results, with silk screening and solder masking and more.
Andy