Author Topic: My tool room  (Read 2128 times)

Offline 55fairlane

My tool room
« on: May 31, 2023, 10:55:12 PM »
After a messy divorce I had to put my shop in storage,  10 years went by , I got remarried and a large home with a 4 car garage followed.
After moving 8n here, I set up shop again, but the shop was lacking any real work space. About this time, a friend and I were able to purchase an entire tool & die operation for $2200....the building was condemned and the city was going to charge the window $100K to remove the junk.
After pulling out 9 lathes 5 Bridgeport,  a few shapers, saw, drills, 19 roll away tool boxes, 51 5 gallon buckets of tooling and a pile of M1903, M1918, M03A3, M1 (Garand & carbine)  hundreds of NOS barrels, bolts ect....I stated selling things off......business partner kept the 10 inch south bend lathe (new in a creat from 1984) I kept the guns ( until that unfortunate boating g accident)  a clausing 8520 mill and lots of tooling......OK, pay off the car....pay on the house.....and hit Menard to buy cabinets....I love the klearvue there all modular....12 foot of cabinets,  butcher block tops....move machines around ......my tool room & rifle shop is back in business....
My machi es include a 10k south bend lathe (with a south bend lathe property tag) a number 0 B&S horizontal mill with a pre 1938 Bridgeport head stuck in the over support)  the standard tool grinders, micrometer ect....still a work in progress......
Imagination is much more important than knowledge

Offline 55fairlane

Re: My tool room
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2023, 10:56:36 PM »
If you all will tell me where to post non engine stuff, I will post the mill rebuild , &  the rifle builds,
Imagination is much more important than knowledge

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2023, 01:31:39 AM »
There is an Oddball category, down the forum list next to Chatterbox, either would be good I think.

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2023, 05:51:06 AM »
Looks like a great shop!  :cheers:

A lot of nice tools and room to use them.  Glad you finally got a chance to get it all setup and able to use it now!

Kim

Offline Brendon M

• Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2023, 03:45:55 AM »
There is an Oddball category, down the forum list next to Chatterbox, either would be good I think.

Would the Tooling and Machines forum not be appropriate?

https://www.modelenginemaker.com/index.php/board,48.0.html
(This signature intentionally left blank)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal