Author Topic: Air Supply in the workshop  (Read 1668 times)

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
Air Supply in the workshop
« on: December 13, 2019, 08:47:50 AM »
Hi everybody,
some improvement of the air supply in the workshop was also an issue to increase and a long term part at my to do list.
My shop is in our house under the roof, so it was always necessary to take care about the general noise, created in there.
So far I have used a small air brush compressor (first picture)  for nearly 10 year now. It was fine for me, but always after 2 or 3 times of short blowing the motor started to refill the tank. A bigger silent compressor was a part of my wish list since years but the price of nearly EUR 1000 out of my budget.
In the meantime the prices are getting down and a 850 watt Kompressor, very silent 51 dB, is available for under EUR 400.
https://www.implotex.de/silent-air-compressor/850w-silent-air-kompressor-druckluftkompressor-implotex/a-665/#technicaldata
So time to do a change and the new compressor has find its place under the table.
A fixed installation of pipes and quick release air connectors was also done in two rooms.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 09:22:00 AM by fumopuc »
Kind Regards
Achim

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
Re: Air Supply in the workshop
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 05:58:59 AM »
That sounds like a nice addition to the shop, Achim!
I've got a California Air compressor, which is considered quite.  Its about 60db, and quite tolerable for the short amount of time it runs. 51db would be great!

Enjoy your new air supply!
Kim

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal