Author Topic: Home Shop Machinist  (Read 989 times)

Offline gldavison

• Tarkio, Mo.
Home Shop Machinist
« on: October 19, 2019, 01:37:44 AM »
I been getting this message for 2 days now.

Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Are they having issues, or is it my Firefox browser??

Gary
Gary
Windows 10 & 11, Alibre Design Pro V27, IntelliCADPro6, CamBam, Mach4, 3D Printers, Cetus, Anet ET5 X
15" South Bend, 10" Logan lathe, Grizzly square column mill, CNC router & Hot wire cutter. Lagun FTV-1 knee mill, Sherline mill & lathe

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
Re: Home Shop Machinist
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 02:01:27 AM »
Just went to thier home page and a couple sub pages on my tablet with Chrome browser, worked fine. You going to the home page? Could be they changed layout of other pages?

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 02:22:12 AM »
Same here on my Android phone using chrome as well.

Bill

Offline Brian Rupnow

• Barrie, Ontario Canada
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 03:01:08 PM »
I haven't been able to get on for two or three days. George did warn everyone that changes were being made to the format, and that it was going to be a major change.---Brian

Offline Paulc

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 09:15:58 PM »
Info i got was that there was a website hack and they had to shut down the bbs to protect their print customers.

Offline Lew Hartswick

• Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2019, 01:50:00 PM »
They just changed the operating system and it STINKS now. I'm about to drop it. It's a shame ALL I.T. people seem to think it necessary to
screw up something that works every chance they get. :-(   Same thing happened to the other site I use to follow . I guess I'll be out of the machining hobby , at least from the BB point of view.
   ...lew...

Offline mklotz

• LA, CA, USA
    • SOFTWARE FOR PEOPLE WHO BUILD THINGS!
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 03:31:38 PM »
Well, Lew is entitled to his opinion but I think the new Vbulletin forum software is a stunning improvement over the old system.

It's faster and more stable but, most important is its simplified method for adding photos to a post.  The old system deserved an Emmy for having the most convoluted, Byzantine system for storing a photo and adding it to a post ever conceived by an IT geek that hated mankind.

On my first visit to the new software, it took me about a minute to find the single button that accomplishes all of the above with a single push.  It should make it possible for even old, change-fearing farts to post photos. :-)

Admittedly, there are a few bumps to be smoothed yet but the system is up and working and George, the site owner, is busily tracking them down and stamping them out.  Stay tuned and be patient.
Regards, Marv
Home Shop Freeware
https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal