Author Topic: Winterbourne House, Birmingham Annual Toy & Model Steam Gathering 28th September  (Read 1990 times)

Offline Chipmaster

It’s the Winterbourne House and Garden, University of Birmingham Annual toy / model steam gathering next Saturday 28/9. I will be attending with my Stuart Twin Victoria, Rider Ericsson, Robinson and Chuk engines.

The majority of the exhibits are vintage steam toys, almost all of them are running. The house and gardens are nice too.

https://www.winterbourne.org.uk/whats-on/toy-steam-and-traditional-hobbies-day/

Andy

Offline Chipmaster

A video of my engines - Robinson hot air, Stuart T Victoria, Chuk flame gulper and Rider Ericsson hot air followed by some pictures of the displays at the Winterbourne House Gathering in Birmingham yesterday 28th September. Most of the exhibits are steam toys.
The weather was fine yet public attendance was well down on previous years.
Andy

https://flic.kr/p/2hnuCXw

W1 by Andy, on Flickr
W4 by Andy, on Flickr
W8 by Andy, on Flickr
W21 by Andy, on Flickr
W20 by Andy, on Flickr
W19 by Andy, on Flickr
W17 by Andy, on Flickr
W16 by Andy, on Flickr
W14 by Andy, on Flickr
W12 by Andy, on Flickr
W11 by Andy, on Flickr
W34 by Andy, on Flickr
W33 by Andy, on Flickr
W32 by Andy, on Flickr
W31 by Andy, on Flickr
W29 by Andy, on Flickr
W28 by Andy, on Flickr
W26 by Andy, on Flickr
W23 by Andy, on Flickr
W22 by Andy, on Flickr

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
Thanks for those Andy  :)

As for attendance the weatherman has been saying "Rain, rain, rain" so I guess people made other plans  :(

Surus has just realised he hasn't got a set of castings for a Rider Ericsson hot air engine  :facepalm:

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Looks like a great show for those that did attend. Wish you guys could send some of that rain over this way. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Bill

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
Looks like a great show for those that did attend. Wish you guys could send some of that rain over this way. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Bill
None of those hurricanes/tropical storms made it over to your town recently? You need a house out on the barrier islands where it gets damp once in a while (like 8 feet underwater). Up north here its been a fairly wet summer, lawns never even went brown once this year, trees are growing like mad and putting out extra rounds of seeds.
Anyway - Show! Looks like some fantastic models there, thanks for the pictures! Someday I gotta do a traction engine....

Offline Alyn Foundry

• North Wales, Great Britain.

Surus has just realised he hasn't got a set of castings for a Rider Ericsson hot air engine  :facepalm:

Jo

I fear Surus might find the set that I have a little too heavy??   :)

Andy, your engines were running beautifully. It's also a great feeling to know that you built them not bought them!   ;)

Cheers Graham.

Offline Chipmaster

Thanks Graham, the water in the Robinson was boiling at one point but it kept running, no harm done. When it had cooled I replenished the water and off it went. The Twin Victoria and two hot air engines ran almost continuously from 9.30 'til 4.30 so I was pleased. 
People complimented the Chuk sound and laughed at it. However, I gave them and Chuk periodic rests as it was getting sooted up and losing its voice as the day went on.

If only we could arrange for a group of Chuks to run together.

Andy

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
Nice show Andy - thanks for showing  :cheers:

We had heavy rain from early evening yesterday and until noon today - it really made a lot of noise ...!... but I know it doesn't help you  :-\

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal