Author Topic: BCA Jig Borer for sale  (Read 2663 times)

Offline PJPickard

BCA Jig Borer for sale
« on: August 17, 2019, 10:06:46 PM »
I'm selling my BCA jig borer. It was a longtime goal of mine to own one of these rarely seen in the US machines. When one came up I jumped on it a few years ago. Soon after getting it an Aciera F2 came my way and while I'd like to keep the BCA I need the room and want to fund a new project. It is a Mark III machine and unusually it has a rectangular table. Some were made that way by the factory, however this one appears to be a later modification.

The machine came with the factory base, but I put the machine on a bench, the base has a couple of dings in the sheet metal as seen in the pics. The base is included in the price.

I added a new 120 V motor and a vari speed control which works well. The original motor is available if you want it, I also have the original switch which I removed. I sourced a nice rotary table for it too. That is also available separately. Table is good quality, made in Japan. The table has a couple of "oops" marks in it(not made by me!) Collets and drill chuck are included of course.

I also have a Pultra 10mm headstock and an unknown tailstock I was going to use to make a setup to hold parts to do indexing. This will require significant work to make, but its a start anyway.

You will need to pick this up in central NJ near Princeton.

BCA jig borer with collets, drill ckuck, low profile vise and original base: $1850.00
6" rotary table: $250.00
Head and tailstock to use as a DIY indexer: $100.00

Much more about the BCA is here:

http://www.lathes.co.uk/bca/

Contact me at

loco lima @gmail.com remove spaces

High res pics are here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/20941728@N05/albums/72157710375427552

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: BCA Jig Borer for sale
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 10:27:55 PM »
Looks like you also have an Aliant mill in the pics. Just curious as to how you like it.

Bill

Offline PJPickard

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 01:52:05 AM »
Bill,

Wow good eye! Yes it is an Alliant I have an 2 axis Prototrak CNC on it. Its fine but the head is going and needs a rebuild, it is very noisy. No different from a B'port in my opinion.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 01:28:11 PM »
Thanks, my understanding was that they were designed by the Bridgeport reps. sometime after Textron bought out Bridgeport and quality took a turn for the worse. I have had mine for going on 25 years. Hasn't been used that heavily...mostly on aluminum for tool and die work and model work so as far as I know its still in good condition.

Good luck on the little jig borer!!  Nice looking machine!!

Bill

Offline PJPickard

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 11:11:32 AM »
I don't know if it is true but I have heard over the years that nearly all parts on the Aliant and interchangeable with the B'port.

Offline PJPickard

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 01:54:15 AM »
All,

I need to move this out, I have lowered the price to $1550.00 for all

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal