Author Topic: CNC Crankshaft Machining  (Read 8888 times)

Offline kvom

Re: CNC Crankshaft Machining
« Reply #90 on: September 02, 2019, 07:00:55 PM »
Looking at it I think you'd end up as Y--nn.  Try

Y[#<Y> * -1.0]

Offline Vixen

• Hampshire UK
« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2019, 07:35:09 PM »
.  Try Y[#<Y> * -1.0]

Bingo, that fixed it, The Y motion is now in phase with the pins motion. Kvom you are a miracle worker. :praise2: :praise2:

Actually,  Changing Y[#<Y>] to Y-[#<Y>] may have been working. I was expecting the A axis to change direction even though I had just edited the Y axis command  :shrug:

of the two I think  Y[#<Y> * -1.0] is the better, as it is more obvious to see which mode you are in.

Cheers

Mike
It is the journey that matters, not the destination

Sometimes, it can be a long and winding road

Offline kvom

« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2019, 09:57:09 PM »
I managed to remove my 4th axis from the table without injury and replace it with the vise, also without injury.   ;D

Since I needed to retram the vise, I decided afterwards to check the tram on the mills.  CNC spindle was still within .001" over 6", but the Bridgeport had gotten off by a bit more.  Adjusted back to flat;  Next time I run the face mill I'll should see nicer finish.

Offline gadabout

« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2019, 12:11:07 AM »
Well double Bingo!! Just went and ran the original first listed by Vixen program on my Mach3 machine. Previously it cut a half moon shape but this time I reversed the a axis direction in the motor setup config as there wasn't room to switch the rotary table to the right hand side as the stepper motor fouled the column and now we have a perfect crank pin to size !! My machine I set to rollover to 0 and it doesn't rewind , just a z retract and then z to the new cut depth!  :whoohoo:
Mark
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 12:21:26 AM by gadabout »

Offline Johnmcc69

• Erie Pa., USA
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2019, 01:04:00 AM »
 :ThumbsUp:
 Nice work there fellows, had a hard time understanding most  :insane: of it, but am pretty impressed with how you all cooperated, de-bugged it, & got results.

Another reason why this site is such a gem.

Fine work!

John

Offline stevehuckss396

• Sterling Heights, MI USA
    • Steve's Miniature Sparkplugs
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2019, 02:10:07 AM »
Just went and ran the original first listed by Vixen program on my Mach3 machine. Previously it cut a half moon shape but this time I reversed the a axis direction in the motor setup config as there wasn't room to switch the rotary table to the right hand side as the stepper motor fouled the column and now we have a perfect crank pin to size !! My machine I set to rollover to 0 and it doesn't rewind , just a z retract and then z to the new cut depth!
Mark

Post video or it never happened!!!  :lolb:
Do not be like the cat who wanted a fish but was afraid to get his paws wet.

Offline gadabout

« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2019, 05:26:47 AM »
I wish I knew how Steve! Will see if I can post a picture of the end result, even that will challenge me!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal