Author Topic: Model Train Layout overview.  (Read 2622 times)

Offline creepy

Model Train Layout overview.
« on: August 23, 2019, 01:45:11 AM »
Hi Folks

I have had a request to do a overview of my model railway, I know it's not real steam related but I hope you enjoy. (my other hobby)

It's been a while since I have done an update/overview of the layout, it is HO and all locos are DCC with sound, (Modern and Steam) not based on any specific location, (freelance) but the majority of US stock and location is BNSF.
Size is 4200 x 2800 mm (13'6'' x 9') Built in a bedroom. I classify this layout as a "City Layout"
So you don't need a large space for lot's of detail and I always run trains at a slow prototypical speed.
Some might notice that the BNSF loco house has moved location and I now have a British section on the Southern end.
Sorry for the camera work, my video camera  still does not like poor lighting.
If anybody would like to see any particular feature of the layout please leave a comment. eg crossing gate layout and installation, (technical setup) loco/consist etc.
I can run both British and US trains, Freight/passenger
This layout is not finished, still lots of ballast/detail etc to go and as we all know they change all the time.
Hope you find it informative.
Gary
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfUcPvueo3Y" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfUcPvueo3Y</a>

Offline cnr6400

Re: Model Train Layout overview.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 02:24:23 AM »
Great looking layout! Really liked the N&W Mallet, they're one of my favourite engines. How are the 120 coal hoppers coming along to pull behind it?  :Lol:

Thanks for sharing the video. Well done!
"I've cut that stock three times, and it's still too short!"

Offline creepy

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 12:52:59 AM »
Great looking layout! Really liked the N&W Mallet, they're one of my favourite engines. How are the 120 coal hoppers coming along to pull behind it?  :Lol:

Thanks for sharing the video. Well done!
Thank you for your kind comment.
I would love to have 120 coal hoppers,  :whoohoo: but they would probably go all the way around the layout. ::)
Yes the Mallet is such a great runner and certainly looks fantastic it is also one of my favorite locos.
Cheers
Gary

Offline Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 05:56:04 AM »
Quite a layout you have there, Gary.  And LOTs of locos - both steam and diesel.  I'm a BNSF fan myself, I seem them running around the Columbia Gorge out here in the NW country (the diesels, not the steam locos :)).

Kim

Online sco

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 09:33:34 AM »
Awesome layout with so much detail to look at.  Have you thought of doing an alternative video with a keyfob camera mounted on one of the locos to get something akin to a drivers eye view?

Simon.
Ars longa, vita brevis.

Offline creepy

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2019, 11:05:55 AM »
Quite a layout you have there, Gary.  And LOTs of locos - both steam and diesel.  I'm a BNSF fan myself, I seem them running around the Columbia Gorge out here in the NW country (the diesels, not the steam locos :)).

Kim
Thank you Kim, yes for some strange reason I'v always been a fan of BNSF.
Cheers
Gary

Offline creepy

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2019, 11:08:25 AM »
Awesome layout with so much detail to look at.  Have you thought of doing an alternative video with a keyfob camera mounted on one of the locos to get something akin to a drivers eye view?

Simon.

Simon, Thank You.
Yes I thought of doing an in cab video, I might try a camera mounted on a flat car.
Cheers
Gary

Offline creepy

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2019, 11:59:14 AM »

Simon.

Simon, Thank You.
Yes I thought of doing an in cab video, I might try a camera mounted on a flat car.
Cheers
Gary
Hi Folks
Another request to do a cab ride, so I mounted my (large) camera on a flat car, this is my first attempt, I will one day get a smaller camera.
There is two circuits of the layout, one from a drivers view and one looking back at the loco.
Hope you enjoy.
Cheers
Gary
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6_y-PZK-uI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6_y-PZK-uI</a>

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal