Author Topic: what has happened to Zee??  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Brian Rupnow

• Barrie, Ontario Canada
what has happened to Zee??
« on: July 21, 2019, 01:55:23 PM »
Haven't seen Zee post for a long time. The last time I heard from him he was pretty frustrated with building a popcorn engine. I hope he is well.---Brian

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: what has happened to Zee??
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 02:20:37 PM »
Zee was last on the forum on June 30. I suspect he is busy with garden work and maybe some travel. As I recall he was also thinking about playing around with a model train layout. I suspect he will be back as time permits.

Bill

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 01:36:42 AM »
Hi all. Sorry I haven't been active for a while.
It's been an interesting year.

Took a trip to China with T back in May. Great fun and the people were awesome.
We used a service that provided private local guides throughout our trip. The guides were fantastic.

As Brian noted, I'd been frustrated a bit with machining and haven't been doing much. Nor have I done much with a model train layout, mainly because I haven't figured out space for it.

I've spent a lot of time doing what I do best. Programming. I have a platform with a number of stepper motors and other features and have been having fun with that. Some tools I developed include a graphics package to display a robot in a workcell, a 'C' interpreter, and a real time operating system that uses events rather than messages.

On the down side, I've spent some time in the hospital. An old problem with the left lobe of my liver that had been injured when I was younger. It has atrophied to the point that it's given me even more trouble.

The first time I got admitted on a Friday. My youngest daughter was admitted the next day in maternity. I was able to visit her.
On Sunday she provided us with a grandson. She was discharged on Monday and I was discharged on Tuesday. They couldn't really do anything for me except give me pain meds until the stones and sludge passed. (I have no gall bladder. The issue is a stricture of a bile duct.)
I was surprised they found I was in AFIB.

I was surprised by my daughter. The grandson's middle name is Alexander...as is mine. That was nice.

Two weeks later I ended up in the hospital again. This time they transported me to Philly where I had an ERCP to get the stones and sludge out.

Tomorrow I go in for surgery and have the offending left lobe of the liver removed. I'm fortunate that Philly has a premier hospital that deals with livers.

For a number of years I knew this day was coming. It should put an end to the periodic hospital visits to wait for a stone to pass.

After recovery I hope to drive to Missouri and bring my folks out to visit the family. I suspect it will be the last trip they make. Dad is 93 and Mom is 91.

Having a life scare helps put things in perspective. When I get back and recovered I hope to get back to serious play in the shop.

It will probably be a while before I'm back on the forum. I hope you all are doing well, having fun, and making things.

Thanks for thinking of me. I do think of you all quite often. I just suck as a member.  ;D

Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 01:42:10 AM »
Zee.....I for one would love to see many more members like you.     ....were not going anywhere......Get healthy .....it seems to be a trending thing these days..... ::)

Dave
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline Brian Rupnow

• Barrie, Ontario Canada
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 01:45:20 AM »
Wishing you good and better days Zee. It sucks to be sick. We'll all be glad to see you when you come back.---Brian

Online crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 02:12:36 AM »
Glad you had a great trip, hope the rest works out better soon. Looking forward to seeing you back! 

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2019, 03:23:02 AM »
Zee,
You don't suck as a member you are a vitally important member of this forum, what would we do without your sharp whit and stinky onion thingamabobies. Spell check thinks I spelled that wrong to. Awaiting your return...
Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 06:14:10 AM »
Best of luck with the surgery, hope all goes well and you are back on your feet again soon!
Kim

Online sco

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2019, 08:04:19 AM »
Wishing you a speedy recovery Zee.  Best wishes,

Simon.
Ars longa, vita brevis.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2019, 12:53:16 PM »
Take the time you need Zee. I hope the surgery will be as uneventful as possible and that you will get to visit your parents or bring them to visit you. Those are the most important things....machining and trains can wait, and like Dave said....we will be here looking forward to your participation again.

Bill

Offline Steamer5

• Global Moderator
  • The "Naki" New Zealand
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2019, 02:48:21 AM »
Hi Zee,
 You take care there. All the best for the up coming surgery, & remember we’re all routing for you!

Hey don’t forget to keep an eye out for useful tools while you are there.........they use shinny ones !

Cheers Kerrin
Get excited and make something!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal