Author Topic: Anycubic 4Max Pro  (Read 12636 times)

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
Re: Anycubic 4Max Pro
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2019, 08:16:46 PM »
I just purchased an Ender 3 Pro.  I bought this brand because a friend at work had purchased the Ender 3 and loved it and it worked great straight out of the box. On advice from reviews I bought it on Amazon from Comgrow because the reviews said they offered good support and that Creality(the factory) did not respond.  Anyway I got it and it was easy to assemble and it printed first try.  The prints however were brittle and stringy and were not right.  I contacted Amazon which connected me to Comgrow and they worked with me for a couple of days trying different things to find the problem.  I was a little frustrated, but also very impressed how quick they were to get back to me and seemed genuinely concerned to make me happy with their product.  After a couple of days of back and forth with China we had it up and running and it has performed perfectly ever since.  Another advantage with Amazon is that you do have a window of time that you can return it for credit. 

I am having a great time drawing projects in Fusion 360 and printing them.  I have it on a bench behind my desk at work, so i can be around to keep an eye on the printer for some of the longer prints which can take hours and days

Good luck with your 3d printers.    Mike Nay

Hi Mike, thanks. As mentioned before a lot to learn is coming.
Kind Regards
Achim

Offline vcutajar

• Marsascala, MALTA
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2019, 09:21:17 PM »
So what's your first impression of the machine?  Did it live to your expectations?

If you do the CAD on Fusion360, do you still need to use the Cura software?

Vince

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2019, 09:57:11 PM »
Hi Vince, it is very fine so far.
Fusion360 does create the model.
In Cura it will be changed into a printable object, with outer skin and infill and additional information for the printer, heat, layer thickness........................
At the end Cura creates the G-code which will be the command for the printer to do his job.
Kind Regards
Achim

Offline gerritv

• St Catharines, ON
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2019, 10:01:19 PM »
Achim, there are so many decisions to make when printing with plastic :-)
E.g.

- layer height smaller than .12 is not worth it for most uses.
- Greater than 15% infill is not worth it for many objects such as your box.

I presently use Cura, but when my hobby fund allows I will move to Simplify3D.

gerrit

Don't confuse activity with progress

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2019, 08:32:58 AM »
Hi Gerrit, to be honest, I am still working with some basic generic Cura settings for all type of printers with PLA.
Is a recommendation of a German 3D printer forum. I have modified the size of the table and the retract, because my Anycubic 4max Pro has a direct extruder, thatīs all.

During the last week, I have given the printer always some work for the night shift. My little beginners project is an automatic transmission, with planetary gears, like it is used in the automotive industries.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:34778
So far I have all the gears, pins, the carrier and the annulus made and already assembled.
Everything does move with each other not really freely but it is turning around.
Currently the printer is busy to make the stands. 
Kind Regards
Achim

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2019, 04:37:16 PM »
And here the final pictures of the project. It is working exact in the same way as shown in the video at thingiverse.
Remarkable in my eyes the construction of the stands and the brakes in it  as one single to print component, but in reality there are two parts in it.
Kind Regards
Achim

Offline Johnmcc69

• Erie Pa., USA
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2019, 06:53:10 PM »
 :ThumbsUp:
Great stuff Achim!

How long did it take to print all those parts?

John

Offline Tin Falcon

• Down Jersey USA
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2019, 02:05:20 AM »
Achim good going on getting that machine working. Sounds more like a kit printer than one printing out of the box.   

look like you have been having a bit of fun.

@ Vince

F360 is the Cad step

cura is a CAM step aka slicer that generates gcode
then the host program runs the g code

and firmware makes it all happen.

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2019, 06:00:26 AM »
:ThumbsUp:
Great stuff Achim!

How long did it take to print all those parts?

John

Hi John, thanks.
All printing together took something between 20 and 25 hours during last week.
The printer was mostly loaded with more than one part at the table and started in the late evening so working in the night shift only.
The longest load was about 4 hours, I think that was the carrier for all the small gears.

Kind Regards
Achim

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2019, 06:04:41 AM »
Achim good going on getting that machine working. Sounds more like a kit printer than one printing out of the box.   

look like you have been having a bit of fun.

@ Vince

F360 is the Cad step

cura is a CAM step aka slicer that generates gcode
then the host program runs the g code

and firmware makes it all happen.

Hi Tin, thanks.
Yes, fun is growing by each day playing with it.
Kind Regards
Achim

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2019, 03:17:51 PM »
Latest print job from last night.
Designed in the morning, printed in the following night shift.

Kind Regards
Achim

Offline Tin Falcon

• Down Jersey USA
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2019, 07:41:57 PM »
I expect to use it for making PLA 'lost wax' patterns from some small castings as well as some fixtures for my Alexander D-bit grinder.
Why not just print in wax. it is a bit more expensive $50 usd a kilo  and you will have to tweak the firmwar as the print temp is below th normal plastic safety limit.

https://www.machinablewax.com/product.php?product=52&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgNuA3LrT5AIVUuDICh1ddwAzEAAYASAAEgJQjvD_BwE
a. Extrusion temperature = 140°C-150°C

b. Bed temperature = 80°-90°C

c. Shells = 2-3 (for most models)

d. Print speed is typically 20 to 70mm/s

e. Prints best when layers have enough time to cool. This can be achieved in several ways. A skirt/brim with all layers, active cooling fan (on low), printing multiple identical items, sacrificial pillar, or extra pause time between layers.  A caution here is to not cool too fast.  This will cause exaggerated warp. 
b. Bed temperature = 80°-90°C

c. Shells = 2-3 (for most models)

d. Print speed is typically 20 to 70mm/s

e. Prints best when layers have enough time to cool. This can be achieved in several ways. A skirt/brim with all layers, active cooling fan (on low), printing multiple identical items, sacrificial pillar, or extra pause time between layers.  A caution here is to not cool too fast.  This will cause exaggerated warp. 

Offline gerritv

• St Catharines, ON
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2019, 11:35:24 PM »
I expect to use it for making PLA 'lost wax' patterns from some small castings as well as some fixtures for my Alexander D-bit grinder.
Why not just print in wax. it is a bit more expensive $50 usd a kilo  and you will have to tweak the firmwar as the print temp is below th normal plastic safety limit.
I would need to do some finishing on the prints, sanding, filling etc. which might be easier on the PLA as it is sturdier. The other issue is that USD49.95 plus the usual high shipping costs to Canada add up to close to CAD100 or more, which cuts into my hobby fund rather a lot. But it is good to know I have that option, would certainly require lower burnout temperatures. I made some machineable wax a few years ago using left over candles and shopping bags, worked ok. Best I don't think about extruding my own filaments though, I need to work on an actual project soon, I keep making tools instead :-)

I will ask at the local 3D printing shop here if they have a source, thank you for the suggestion.

Gerrit
Don't confuse activity with progress

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal