Author Topic: New enclosure project  (Read 5941 times)

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
Re: New enclosure project
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2020, 03:22:36 AM »
Well   dragged the table saw out this evening and made up a wedge piece to mount the monitor on.   it has a vertical slide, so I'll take a section of that and mount it on stand offs top and bottom.   Anyway, I got the piece cut, and i sanded a spot for it, and glued and screwed it on

I'll make up /modify the mounting piece sometime tomorrow or the next day ...and paint it and mount it up with through bolts.

Dave
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2020, 03:24:59 AM »
Dave,
This is reminiscent of when I got my 1100 in 2007. I had a friend who was a handy woodworker help me make the wood bench that Tormach had plans for on their website. I know someone who worked at Tormach and when I built the addition on the garage bought his machine bench. He bought it as a prototype from Tormach. The main problem I had with it was that it was designed for a 770 and I had to grind off the welds on mounting pads and move them to where they would work on the 1100. I gotta say it was hard to bust up that bench when I diden't need it any longer.
Art

If you still have a picture of that bench....post a photo!

Dave
Damned ijjit!

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2020, 02:32:46 PM »
Dave,
The quick answer is doubtful, but I'll check.
Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2020, 10:36:39 PM »
OK....NOW it's in the right place.   That feels really good ....now for the keyboard
I'm going to make the keyboard fold up, so if I need to get something by, I can move the keyboard and mouse into the base cabinet, and fold up the keyboard shelf out of the way......Should be pretty easy

What I did was re purpose some of the monitor arm that the system came with.  I will be using the keyboard tray with a modified mount.   I reused the monitor mount by cutting off a piece of the mounting rail and mounting that on big standoffs....needs some hardware sorted out, but it will work great..

Onward

Dave
Damned ijjit!

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2020, 03:05:20 AM »
Dave,
I had to look on the desktop computer, It has older stuff on it (read, it has crashed a longer period of time ago than my laptop). This is what I have as far as photos of the wooden bench for my 1100 pcnc.

I have to admit that it looks so pristine. I had a problem at one point where instead of going to the right when I referenced the X axis it went left. At the time it registered in my mind that wasn't right but not soon enough. You know how hindsight is 20/20 well I should have powered it down and hand turned the drive to get the power cable back over the raised side board, burned out the drive. Credit for the bench goes to Steve my woodworking friend.
Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2020, 02:20:10 AM »
Keyboard bracket being machined while in the new enclosure.   Monitor position is perfect...

Dave
Damned ijjit!

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2020, 12:11:53 PM »
Looks really good Dave  :ThumbsUp:   I'm sure that it will serve you well.

I might do something along those lines later, as I just got my first mill some weeks ago. After I'm finished with the new workshop layout (in order to have space for it), I will convert it to CNC ....

Offline Vixen

• Hampshire UK
« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2020, 01:41:51 PM »
Hi Dave,

The new enclosure looks like it is doing a great job of containing the chips from the keyboard bracket. The shine (reflections) will soon disappear from the plastic panels.

What is that small blue thing bottom left?

Mike  :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp:
It is the journey that matters, not the destination

Sometimes, it can be a long and winding road

Offline Hugh Currin

• Box Elder, SD, USA
    • www.currin.us
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2020, 03:13:04 PM »
Dave:

Very well done, looks professional.

Are you planning to use coolant? Flood? Mist? You've probably said but I can't remember.

Thanks.
Hugh

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2020, 02:51:34 AM »
mist....hopefully I won't need flood....

And she's done!!     I have a paying part on the screen.....see if I can make a buck or two....

Damned ijjit!

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2020, 03:03:44 AM »
Hi Dave,

The new enclosure looks like it is doing a great job of containing the chips from the keyboard bracket. The shine (reflections) will soon disappear from the plastic panels.

What is that small blue thing bottom left?

Mike  :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp:

Hi Mike.....the blue thing is a USB stick with a bit of painters tape on it...to signify it's mine!!!.....I have a USB port mounted on the machine.....Standard Amazon purchase stuff...

Dave
Damned ijjit!

Offline Vixen

• Hampshire UK
« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2020, 11:18:23 AM »

And she's done!!     I have a paying part on the screen.....see if I can make a buck or two....

Dave: The cabinet looks first class.  :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp: Lets hope yo can now get on and do great things with the machine

Stay safe

Mike
It is the journey that matters, not the destination

Sometimes, it can be a long and winding road

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal