Author Topic: Alterations to my workshop  (Read 2758 times)

Offline scc

• Lancashire, UK
Alterations to my workshop
« on: December 04, 2019, 09:11:21 PM »
When I joined this excellent forum on Jan 1, 2016 I posted details of my "garden workshop" . The Burrell TE that I was building is since finished and resides at my daughter's farm where it is regularly steamed :) The  end of the shed where it was built has now become storage for my wife's haberdashery / ribbon business (no more room in the house :()  This has required mods to my shop.....
photo 1619      haberdashery warehouse!!
          1608     rough bench with press.
          1609     drill and hacksaw
          1610     marking out, etc
          1611     welder and tool storage
          1612     main bench area
          1614     little Clarke lathe with a few additions
          1615     Raglan mill..has since had covers to keep swarf from dial gauges
          1618     My trusty Atlas lathe
It is a lot more compact than previous,  but I am no longer building big stuff.        Helping my wife at this time of year is a full time job so no shed time until the new year.         Terry

Offline scc

• Lancashire, UK
Re: Alterations to my workshop
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 09:12:20 PM »
The Atlas

Offline scc

• Lancashire, UK
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 11:57:36 AM »
The Y axis dial gauge mounting seen in pic 1615 proved to be a little flexible :facepalm2: I have since modified it, as usual a bit untidy, but works perfectly .   The little Raglan mill is now spot on, especially after last year's new leadscrews :)            Terry

Offline scc

• Lancashire, UK
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 07:57:36 PM »
Some "improvements" to my shop...We utilise plastic rain guttering for my wife's ribbon storage so it made sense to use  some spare brackets for my lighter bar stock :).  The drawing office has now moved from my cellar to a folding board in the shop....better for comparing drawings / parts, etc. Getting sorted before the next project....               Terry

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2020, 04:17:44 PM »
Those look like some nice upgrades, Terry!  Seems like a nice way to store your stock so you can see what's available!  And I'm sure having the drawing board close at hand will pay off nicely.

Kim

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2020, 05:42:38 PM »
Terry,
Looks like a good use of available space. I need to work on the whole stock rack idea as I have lots of stuff scattered in multiple places.
Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline scc

• Lancashire, UK
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2020, 05:44:20 PM »
This afternoon I made a backplate and fitted my Burnerd 4 jaw to the little Clarke. A big improvement to the cheapo 3 jaw originally fitted. I already have a faceplate for it and  a small topslide which is fitted when required. This lathe was bought just to make small pins,etc. for the Burrell when my old Colchester got too worn. I am impressed as to how good it is for such a basic , budget machine. :)     Terry

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal