Author Topic: Holt drawings  (Read 1024 times)

Offline gbritnell

Holt drawings
« on: June 15, 2019, 06:02:44 PM »
Gentlemen,
I have been contacted by several builders about the availability of drawings for my scratch built Holt engine. Respecting the wishes of this forum of not selling things I have created a thread on HMEM describing the changes that were made when I built my engine and the subsequent areas that have been changed to make it a better engine. For those of you that want to get into the copyright issues the only thing that is the same from the original is the bore and stroke. Every other piece has been changed or modified so even if you had a set of castings you couldn't use my drawings to construct it.
Being a designer and builder I of all people respect the copyright issues of others.
If the administrators find issue with this thread it can be removed with no animosity on my part.
gbritnell
Talent unshared is talent wasted.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: Holt drawings
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 11:07:21 PM »
Can't imagine it being an issue here or on the other forum George. Thanks for doing it.

Bill

Offline Johnmcc69

• Erie Pa., USA
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 11:53:48 PM »
George, can you at least share an assembly drawing of your Holt here?

Would love to have a sneak peek...

John

P.s: Thanks for taking the time to do the drawings, I know it will make the Holt builders pretty happy. We can only hope castings will be available again.

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 07:08:59 AM »
I can't see a problem with you posting here, the likes of Julius posts plenty of redrawn designs and I have done that with the Jowitt. and as for selling Brian is allowed to mention and give contact details  & prices for  his drawing sales, spark plug sales have got a mention recently too.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 07:36:42 AM by Jasonb »

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2019, 08:11:19 AM »
Hi everybody,
I have got the plan set from George a couple of weeks ago.
An excellence set of 2D drawings as PDF files.
Since the first distribution he is sending up dates to his plans, I would like to mention it here for everybody.
This is the best plan/drawing service I have ever seen in my life.
Thank you George 
Kind Regards
Achim

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal