Engines > From Plans

MEM Corliss Attempt

(1/22) > >>

Larry:
To paraphrase an old saying "I may have bitten off more than I can chew" may very well apply here but we will see where this goes. I must confess that I started this last July with a few simple parts. I did not have anything in my scrap that could be used for the block and didn't want to progress any further until I gave this a try. I ordered a piece of 12L14 from McMaster-Carr and drove over to their distribution center to pick it up. I was impressed with their facility. There are 3 excellent build logs that I know about & have studied:
Arnold's take on the MEM Corliss (Arnold b - Arnold)
Vince's version of the MEM Corliss (Vcutajar - Vince)
Chris Built-up MEM Corliss build (Crueby - Chris)

Getting started with a couple of pictures - cut the bar to approximate length allowing enough to finish the ends. Used a small face mill to square up the sides.

crueby:
Hi Larry,

The MEM Corliss is well worth the effort for chewing on, wonderful engine. Take it one step at a time, and you will get there. Great to see another one under way, and I will be watching along, sure to have plenty of company.

:popcornsmall:

Chris

b.lindsey:
This is great Larry. Looking forward to following along as well.

Bill

Jo:
Nice to see another being built.  :)

Jo

vcutajar:
Hi Larry

Nice to see another MEM Corliss being built.  Will be surely following your progress as it will evoke good memories of when I did mine.

Vince

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version