Author Topic: Mach4 help  (Read 617 times)

Offline gldavison

• Tarkio, Mo.
Mach4 help
« on: May 19, 2019, 03:44:39 PM »
I have Mach4 with the Ethernet smooth stepper and CG11 breakout board. I have discovered the back lash settings are wrong and need to change them, and nothing is working for me.
I go to Configure, Control configuration, motors tab.  None of my previous values are there. I deselect all motors and select one.  Still won’t let me inset any values.

When I go to Plugins, ESS, motors, Backlash tab, it shows current backlash settings, but won’t let me change here either.

Thank you for any help

Gary
Gary
Windows 10 & 11, Alibre Design Pro V27, IntelliCADPro6, CamBam, Mach4, 3D Printers, Cetus, Anet ET5 X
15" South Bend, 10" Logan lathe, Grizzly square column mill, CNC router & Hot wire cutter. Lagun FTV-1 knee mill, Sherline mill & lathe

Offline Stuart

• Tilchestune UK
Re: Mach4 help
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 05:06:50 PM »
I will assume you have the latest build for Mach 4 and ess

That said the ess gets its setting from the mach4 config

It’s not enough to just select the motor you have to click the motor and it will turn blue then you will be able to put in the backlash setting , click apply then ok
Go to the ess back lash screen and click use backlash ,click ok

Shut the whole lot down and restart ( some say it’s not required but I do)

It should now work ok but it can be a bit off putting when applied to z as when setting z zero it jiggles about a bit

I would recommend if that does not sort you out post on the Warp9td forum Andy will help you out

Best of luck hope you sort it out , as with Mach3 the software backlash is a bit of a cludge and IMHO better sorted in hardware
My aim is for a accurate part with a good finish

Offline gldavison

• Tarkio, Mo.
Re: Mach4 help
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 05:41:13 PM »
Thank you Stuart,

I knew I was not doing something right.

Clicking on the motor was the step I was missing. Now I can change the backlash setting.
My acme screws have anti-backlash nuts, but there is still 0.003" in the x and 0.005 in y.

Maybe some day ball screws.

Gary
Gary
Windows 10 & 11, Alibre Design Pro V27, IntelliCADPro6, CamBam, Mach4, 3D Printers, Cetus, Anet ET5 X
15" South Bend, 10" Logan lathe, Grizzly square column mill, CNC router & Hot wire cutter. Lagun FTV-1 knee mill, Sherline mill & lathe

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal