About MEM > Introduce Yourself

Lars from Sweden

(1/4) > >>

Lars:
Hello!

My name is Lars and I live in Sweden, 42+ years and have two daughters and a wife. I work in the aerospace business (engineering)

When I am not working, caring for the kids or coaching their soccer team etc I am in the garage working on various projects. For many years it was about renovating cars and motorcycles, building an airplane but last 5-6 years I have grown very fond of building small working engines.

For a long time have browsed this forum but always felt I wasn’t really good enough looking at all the amazing engines being built by the community.

My recent builds include the 4 cylinder Mercedes 1909 engine (that I just finished but have not made working well yet), a Red Wing hit and miss engine, a no7 Stuart steam engine and a hot-air engine.
In the mean time I also renovated some of my old cars and motorcycles. I have a sweet spot for old two-strokes.
The airplane build still is missing 8000 rivets so not sure if that will ever be finished 

I guess to summarize I tend to put a lot of love & care into my various projects that I end up not being able to sell anything which makes my home a little crowded with parts (still have my first car, motorcycle, moped etc from 30 years ago)

My equipment is a Swedish made lathe (‘blomqvist’), very similar to the south bend 9” and a milling machine. Various welders and metal working equipment/tools as well 

I think the best way is just to include some pictures.

Jo:
 :hi: Lars,

Nice set of model engines  8) I am sure Steve who is making a Mercedes 1909 engine will welcome any advice you can offer

Jo

P.S. I also have a set of Mercedes 1909 castings  :-X

Dave Otto:
Welcome to MEM Lars, the engines look very nice and well made.

Dave

sco:
Welcome Lars, nice looking engines (and motorbikes)!

Simon.

Kim:
Hi Lars,
Welcome to the forum!

You don't need a high level of skill to be a member of this forum!  Just an interest, and a willingness to learn and share!  But it looks like you've got a formidable level of skill based on the work you show here.

Welcome!
Kim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version