Author Topic: MEM China attack  (Read 3209 times)

Online derekwarner

• Wollongong ...... Australia
Re: MEM China attack
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2019, 02:35:45 PM »
So Bill says.....

"Sorry for the scare Derek. Unfortunately some isp blocks overlap between China and Australia......you shouldn't have issues with the new laptop, not from your usual isp address anyway".

Well I am back here at my home ISP address Bill...your MEM Server will confirm I have attempted logged on some 11 times in the past days.......each time I receive the notification :Director: to open the e-mail & reset my pass word

I do this then auto log-on........etc

Close out.....& attempt a log-in....& the system :embarassed: then tells me to repeat the reset my pass word process again and again......a little disconcerting   :slap:

Derek
Derek L Warner - Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op - Australia
www.ils.org.au

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2019, 02:50:17 PM »
Derek, yes I can see the 11 attempts with the notice of password failure. I have no idea why you are getting that message. I can see also that you are logged into the forum currently so did the issue finally resolve itself? 

Jo, can you shed any light on this issue, it shouldn't be related to the overlapping ISP issue that we resolved ?

Bill

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2019, 04:14:42 PM »
The log implies that the software claims it was the wrong password that had been entered  :headscratch: . Now that you are able to log in Derek can you let us know if it does it again?

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline Allen Smithee

• Mordor, Middle Earth
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2019, 04:22:07 PM »
Suggest derek clears cookies and purges the browser cache (<ctrl>+F5) then log in as normal - it may be that his browser has saved the old password in cookies and hasn't updated them, or it is trying to be clever by loading a cached page with the old password. Deleting cookies and purging the cache would address the problem if this is it.

AS
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum sonatur

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal