General Category > Chatterbox

Shipping US to Canada

(1/2) > >>

stevehuckss396:
Is there a cheaper way to ship something from the us to canada. From what I can find on the web border fees are going to be $63can and the post office wants $27usd. Does that sound right to send a 6 by 9 inch envelope about 3/4 inch thick? It will weigh less than a pound. Am i missing something or is that what it costs?

Michigan to Alberta

crueby:
Never run into the border fees that you mention, the post office cost looks right. Where do you see the border fees? If its just documents, that should not apply.

stevehuckss396:
its a small box 1 inch by 1.5 inch by 3/4 inch in a 6 X 9 inch envelope.

Post office said to fill out a customs declaration so I assume there are customs fees and dutys. Value will be 200USD.

I'm hoping i'm wrong

crueby:
Even without the customs fees, its a lot! Seems like it could be cheaper to drive there...!

Mcgyver:
who is telling you $63?, what border fees?  On things made in the US there is no duty (Until the recent insanity that is), but it depends on the country of origin, not where you are sending it from. 

If sending it USPS, they hand it over the Canada Post who collects the sales tax, same as if the person bought it here.  Their fee is modest, 8 or 10 dollarettes.  Avoid UPS or FEDEX as they do gouge on the fees. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version