Author Topic: Pictures from the N.A.M.E.S. show .........  (Read 4185 times)

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
Re: Pictures from the N.A.M.E.S. show .........
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2019, 08:49:14 AM »
Thank you all for taking the time to post your pictures  :ThumbsUp:  :ThumbsUp: A splendid exhibition  :)
Best regards

Roger

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2019, 02:04:51 AM »
Hi all,
Here is some of Steve's work.

Ok his spark plug was down for the count, but he's in the process of re-gaping it so it will jump a half inch gap. :lolb: :ROFL:

Don't let him trick you into touching it.
Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2019, 03:04:02 AM »
I'll try to put photos in batches.

I found this one to be interesting, it's a gearless, not the Olds either.

This one and the next bunch are built by my neighbor down the table Larry, from Minnesota a very prolific builder. This engine is a Barr & Stroud sleeve valve from the build articles in issue 83 & 84 of Strictly IC magazine.

This is his own flat twin design.

Ok this is where my camera usually shuts off cause I'm home. For some inexplicable reason I always forget photos of my own engines, NOT this year. This is my version of Brian Fairey's Val from Model Engine Builder magazine.

This is my version of Hamilton Upshur's vertical single, my first IC engine

My neighbor on the right side of the table was Kirk.
This is his Muncaster's joy valve steam engine in full scale and all of 120 pounds, for the rest of you in the world that's 54 kilos which somehow makes it sound lighter.

And this is his humming bird which apparently didn't take well to being cooped up in the trunk/boot for the drive to Yack arena. Amazing machine and craftsmanship.
enough for now...
Art

"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2019, 07:07:59 AM »
Redryder (Gil) has put four videos on Youtube, this is the first, rest should follow on.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAf19u9lJxU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAf19u9lJxU</a>

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2019, 02:12:33 PM »
More great pictures. Sure looks like a fantastic show and its nice to see many of our members represented there as well. Thanks to all for posting these for those of us that couldn't attend.

Bill

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal