Engines > Restoration of Model Engines

Ford Wyvern type petrol engine

(1/13) > >>

steam guy willy:
Hi all ,I have this engine on loan from the Norwich club and will try to get it working..... First i need to identify it so help would be appreciated.....I have called it the Ford Wyvern as the club thinks it is an old ETW Wyvern ....however there is a trembler / coil ignition box with it that has Ford inscribed upon.  The engine is 4 stroke and 1" bore  by 1.5" stroke... the flywheel is 5" and has curved spokes...So Photos  herewith.........

steam guy willy:
More pics.......

steam guy willy:
more pics........So , any info about this including the ignition system and Cct diagram would be really helpful

Thanks
willy

Brian Rupnow:
Willy--Could it be a Centaur by Edgar Westbury? I just finished a horizontal sideshaft engine that has the same rocker arrangement as the Centaur and the engine in your pictures. The Centaur also has a single flywheel.---Brian

steam guy willy:
Hi Brian, ..had a look at the Centaur on the web but it seems to be 60 cc and 1.5" bore and 2" stroke whilst this is 1"  X 1.5"  ??  Thanks for the suggestion however ...Is your engine a Centaur ?  still wondering about the  "ford" trembler ? box ??

Willy...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version