Author Topic: FTT-12 safety valve?  (Read 6733 times)

Offline Jack3m

• Washougal WA
Re: FTT-12 safety valve?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2019, 02:09:50 PM »
  are you going to fire on coal or propane?  When I fire on propane I have to work to get the safety to lift. 
Probably propane as I have a Century burner or  3 laying around not in use.  Never mind the fact  if I want coal here I have to buy the stuff to barbecue.
Jack of all trades, master of none

Offline Jack3m

• Washougal WA
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2019, 06:51:02 PM »
Shucks, folks got me worried now.  Even though I have almost all the parts made for the boiler to be welded together, I am now considering just selling the mechanical, the skids (which I still have to make), and the parts for the boiler to be made and move on to my next project. 

I am much more interested in the making than the playing or the selling or showing it off.  I just like to make stuff and have folks appreciate it. :noidea:

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2019, 07:23:27 PM »
I am much more interested in the making than the playing or the selling or showing it off.  I just like to make stuff and have folks appreciate it. :noidea:

Totally agree  :ThumbsUp:

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline Dan Rowe

• Dripping Springs TX USA
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2019, 09:08:12 PM »
Jack, I just checked my old Power Models catalog and FTT-12 is for a 3/4 scale locomotive with a 3/8"-32 thread. There is no other info about the valve.

Unfortunately, Power Models is long gone so another source will have to be located.

Dan
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 09:20:30 PM by Dan Rowe »
ShaylocoDan

Offline Jack3m

• Washougal WA
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2019, 01:00:57 PM »
Thanks Dan, I am more worried about certification.  I think I can make one easily enough(valve).  I am going to go ahead and build the boiler and worry about it after the fact, at least I will get the play of welding it all up and I do like to weld.  M State regulations confuse me to all get out.  Waiting on member of local club to contact me.....Thanks folks.

Offline Dan Rowe

• Dripping Springs TX USA
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2019, 04:04:40 PM »
Jack, The boiler laws for Washington State are here:
http://www.lni.wa.gov/TradesLicensing/Rules/files/boilers/BoilerLawBook.pdf

The section of interest is "70.79.080 Exemptions from chapter."

Your boiler meets the definition of a miniature hobby boiler, but this wording says that it has to be certified by an inspector to be exempt from the chapter.

"(14)(a)(i) Miniature hobby boilers that have been certified by an inspector as of June 7, 2018; or
(ii) Miniature hobby boilers that have not been certified
by an inspector as of June 7, 2018, but that receive certification from the chief inspector prior to being placed in service"

I am not a legal expert I am an engineer, but that is how I read it.

Dan
ShaylocoDan

Offline Jack3m

• Washougal WA
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2019, 01:01:09 PM »
that is what I read too

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal