Author Topic: ISO wall 4cyl drawings...  (Read 2566 times)

Offline thehomefoundry

ISO wall 4cyl drawings...
« on: March 24, 2019, 02:41:57 PM »
  I lost my drawings to the wall 4cyl ic engine due to being stored in a box in the basement against the wall.  I did not realize how damp the back side of the box was getting and the drawings literally crumbled to nothingness..   Does anyone have a set they wish to part with or know where I can obtain a set now that Coles is out of business??

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: ISO wall 4cyl drawings...
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 02:54:19 PM »
 Hopefully someone can help with your issue, but in the meantime, please post an introduction in the introduce yourself section, so we can both welcome you and learn something about your modeling interests.

Bill

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 03:08:33 PM »
When you post your introduction you might want to post some pics of your castings and the remains of the drawings so we know which of the Wall 4 cylinder engines it is.

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline thehomefoundry

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 03:44:15 PM »
  Im not really new, I just could not remember what my old screen name was, either aonemarine or DavidF.  So i just made up a new one...  Ive been out of the hobby for a few years now due to work and buying an old farmhouse.  But now I have my dream shop (and chickens to boot).  Been in the final stages of the move (the little things that were packed away) and thats when i discovered the moldy boxes  :facepalm:
  Here is a link to the tales of my move and shop build...   http://forums.thehomefoundry.org/index.php?threads/new-man-cave.239/

I thought i could just order up a new set, that when I found out coles went out of business a couple years ago...  uggg...  This would be the elmer wall 4cyl ic engine that im iso drawings for...[youtube1]http://youtu.be/Ez2CxPSLimM[/youtube1]

Offline DavidF

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 04:01:02 PM »
ok,  got my old log in back,  thanks Jo  :cheers:

Offline Brian Rupnow

• Barrie, Ontario Canada
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2019, 09:56:40 PM »
Very nice, good running engine. I like your distributor advance system. I first seen that on one of George Britnell's engines.---Brian

Offline thehomefoundry

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 10:04:43 PM »
Very nice, good running engine. I like your distributor advance system. I first seen that on one of George Britnell's engines.---Brian

That's not mine, mine is still just raw castings....

Offline cheepo45

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2019, 11:45:54 PM »
Glad to see you are getting back into engine building. With your foundry skills you can make some awesome engines.
You could finish your Webster...... :LittleDevil:
 Scott

Offline thehomefoundry

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2019, 12:01:27 AM »
Glad to see you are getting back into engine building. With your foundry skills you can make some awesome engines.
You could finish your Webster...... :LittleDevil:
 Scott

Hi Scott,   maybe once I figure out what box I put it in  :embarassed:  honestly though, I've kinda lost interest in that one.
  I'd like to do something difficult that requires making my own castings.  I've figured out some pretty interesting stuff, like making cast iron investment castings from 3d prints. Extremely good ones too lol...

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2019, 12:06:23 AM »
Glad you got the name thing sorted out, and welcome back too!

Bill

Offline thehomefoundry

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2019, 12:15:52 AM »
Glad you got the name thing sorted out, and welcome back too!

Bill

Not 100% back just yet, still moving a bunch of stuff to the new house,  but I do have my foundry, lathe, and "old clunky" (Bridgeport) back up and running.  With that and a roll of duct tape I feel pretty comfortable building just about anything....

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2019, 12:19:07 AM »
Someone on the forum was using a 3D printer to make flathead V8 block castings, I haven't seen it lately so I don't know if he made a successful casting. I saw a video on You tube where they were using a printer to print the actual sand mold. Sounded cool but I suspect you're doing the first one.
Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline cheepo45

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2019, 12:27:13 AM »
There are a lot of cool old engine designs that castings would be great for.
I kind of like Westbury's Centaur. (oops -  it looks like somebody on the other side of the pond already sells them)
A scale model of a 70's Kawasaki 750 2 stroke triple would be cool.....
 Scott
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 12:37:03 AM by cheepo45 »

Offline thehomefoundry

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2019, 12:39:12 AM »
There are a lot of cool old engine designs that castings would be great for.
I kind of like Westbury's Centaur.
 Scott

Something smaller with more cylinders.. lol
A model a engine would be cool..
  Yes, I was the one trying to cast that flathead v/8 from a 3d print.
Without making some major changes to the cad file there is just no realistic way of getting all the passages to come out,  they would fracture during burn out every time..

Offline thehomefoundry

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2019, 12:41:00 PM »
I found the drawings on CD on e bay...   Funny, wasn't there when I first started looking...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal