Author Topic: Ohrndorf Valveless 4 strokes  (Read 3911 times)

Offline petertha

Re: Ohrndorf Valveless 4 strokes
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2019, 05:58:25 PM »
>So far, im not impressed with the quality of the plan, but it will be ok.

I have his 5 & 9 cylinder radial plans (because you need both in order to build the 5 which is a bit PITA). I redrew them in SW because I work in inches & check for any discrepancies & develop jigs & fixtures around the parts. Although there were only a few minor errors, most of the time was spent trying to figure things out. Just a few key expanded views or detailed cross section would have gone a long ways to helped clarify certain things. Also note euro-projection standard might be different than what you are used to. I'm certain the engine was designed in 3D so some questionable dimensions might be more of a result of which he elected to display on the drawings themselves. I'm sure you will figure it out. I have emailed him questions & received occasional replies. To be fair, compared to some of the older generation plans where errors were lurking for years until people a) found them b) documented them, I still feel these CAD plans are good value considering all the work that goes into them.

Offline glorfindel

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2019, 07:36:41 PM »
>So far, im not impressed with the quality of the plan, but it will be ok.

I have his 5 & 9 cylinder radial plans (because you need both in order to build the 5 which is a bit PITA). I redrew them in SW because I work in inches & check for any discrepancies & develop jigs & fixtures around the parts. Although there were only a few minor errors, most of the time was spent trying to figure things out. Just a few key expanded views or detailed cross section would have gone a long ways to helped clarify certain things. Also note euro-projection standard might be different than what you are used to. I'm certain the engine was designed in 3D so some questionable dimensions might be more of a result of which he elected to display on the drawings themselves. I'm sure you will figure it out. I have emailed him questions & received occasional replies. To be fair, compared to some of the older generation plans where errors were lurking for years until people a) found them b) documented them, I still feel these CAD plans are good value considering all the work that goes into them.
I will do it to imperial system too and redo the  drawings.

Envoyé de mon SM-G965W en utilisant Tapatalk

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2019, 12:11:25 AM »
I realized that my comments sounded negative, and I'm sorry if they came around that way, as I really hope that you will enjoy the experience  - even if it (maybe) gives you some challenges along the way  :cheers:

Best wishes

Per

Offline glorfindel

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2019, 02:01:06 PM »
I realized that my comments sounded negative, and I'm sorry if they came around that way, as I really hope that you will enjoy the experience  - even if it (maybe) gives you some challenges along the way  :cheers:

Best wishes

Per
No problem at all. I'll finish the Edwards before doing this one.

I like the simplicity of the engine, that can make a good project for my younger students.

Envoyé de mon SM-G965W en utilisant Tapatalk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal