About MEM > Introduce Yourself

Hello from Surrey, UK

(1/3) > >>

Muddy Rutter:
Hi All,

I joined the forum last year but have been lurking for a while. I am building a Westbury Wyvern engine and was brought here initially by Rod (Tangler's) Wyvern build and more recently David (deltatango's) blog.

My working life started in the Merchant Navy when I was 16 and I am now a retired plumber & heating engineer. I could have retired about four years ago when I was 65 but chose to keep working which meant that I could buy and restore some machinery and build a workshop. I will be posting pictures of this later when I have some photos.

As a schoolboy I used to avidly read the library copy of Model Engineer cover to cover and could only dream of model engineering. I am grateful now to have a well equipped workshop and be able to actually build something - it's not often in life that one gets to have dreams come true!

I am really impressed with the quality of the work on this forum, its international membership and the welcome given to newcomers.

Nick

Roger B:
Welcome to the Forum  :ThumbsUp:  :ThumbsUp: I'm glad you have decided to become active  :)

Jo:
 :hi: Nick

Will the Wyvern be your first engine or have you built others in the past?

Jo

b.lindsey:
Welcome Nick. Looking forward to seeing your shop and the Wyvern, when you can.

Bill

Kim:
Hi Nick,
Welcome!  Glad you decided to post :)
As others have said, I'm looking forward to seeing your Wyvern!
Kim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version