Author Topic: Big stroke 55 cc one cylinder ICE  (Read 20217 times)

Offline AlexS

Re: Big stroke 55 cc one cylinder ICE
« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2023, 11:24:48 PM »
No worry I do also rantling or rattling in my head about ideas. To much ideas.

Agree four or two stroke it goes for flow and pulling more fresh air and fuel in engine and out ! I have reed before some people did that back in the day testing with water, or it was you I reed before (Dejavu?). I could test engine without exhaust.

Tuesday I testrun it again just to play. I play with needle clip position and changing size 50 to 80. 50 is better and when needle at top position, leanest, engine won't run stationary. now middle position.
I do find out that when revving engine spurrs and way to rich (wet sparkplug, als oil but about that we don't talk about!).
Searching, for the 9mm carb size 50 is smallest, maybe it is 0.5mm. I have to make my own jets and theath it M6 outside, 0.3?
I can only tune the stationary screw.

I do found this in the attic of the garage. Kawasaki Samurai crankcases and 1 barel and 2 heads etc. I have met a other young guy at a two stroke meeting in NL that also ride and work on old motorcycles. He on a GT350, brother in law on a GT380 and his dad on a Samurai (I think) 350. Tomorrow I go to his place. Coincidentally I was planning get my dad's GT380 running. So tomorrow we could test the carbs "wet"the float heights, because today putting back the carbs after checking it has issues get left cylinder running stationary. I think incorrect fuel level. The main reason for working on the engine that one or more checkvalves of the CCI oil lines to crankcase is damage. It leak oil in crankcase over time. I might think someone try to compressed air through pipes that balls and springs got stuck. Found another one. Something I want to work on for years.

Admiral, if you are looking for a RD, I currently sell my because I want to work and ride the GT. Strange that there aren't many RD's there in DK. But before meetings I never saw one riding also here.. It is not a beauty queen, but did bring me fair to school work and Slovenia, UK, it is a good girl.

Okay back on the 55cc. I also found some old, 5!, front brake discs. I think of an old Honda. Because next to it there were large 2 cylinder gaskets (old Goldwing?). There is also a tank laying around and a lot of other stuff from a old boy next door (now an old neighbour) when he moved by boat to Aruba. Crazy. I remember come primary school here and bicycle in our street. Seeing an Nissan Pajero (80's) almost 45 degree hanging upwards on our driveway. The neighbour came back to an old Rolls (Silver Shadow) to pull the trailer. almost 20 years ago. Car stayed for couple of months on drive way, it was a mystery car. Shipped to Aruba.
Before he still lived at parents and in garden 20+ old V8 American and other large cars (remember when they ride by or got started). Most still waiting for working on or painting or whatever. Back at the yard next to a dry swimming pool and standing caravan there was grown a three through a rusted old car.
And of course a lot of old motorcycles GT750 Aprilia RS250 etc. Got to ride with him to get sand or look when he was working on the vehicles.
I missed that time.
Now they still comes in summer every couple or sometimes every year with his new family to us house.
I miss that time sometimes. I hope it remains possible for the future. To tinker with and drive old vehicles. Kids can play outside and try to build some nice things with just a hammer and wood somewhere in the village.
I rarely see it. Although recently 2 young girls were digging away a neat earth bump, which a net was laid down to pour a foundation. Have fun!

Great that now I met someone of same age that like the old stuff! It's not about possession. But for the stories and adventures. Something you see on the ride or have a good chat! Someone couldn't believe riding with two different size pistons is okay, he laughed. It is al about balancing mass! Even after 10+k km
But important new girlfriend also like it and is very brave to ride on back.

Oh wait go back, 55cc engine. Yes. I also found 5. Yes! 5 disc brakes. That was quit heavy and quit large diameter. Wait! Maybe it the next couple of decade. I could build a flywheel dyno with it. 3 were same size. So you can add on more discs to add weight.
Maybe think about to design test frame for, propeller, and flywheel dyno to calculate acc. time.

Well have a good night!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 11:31:03 PM by AlexS »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal