Author Topic: hello from Mays landing NJ  (Read 1007 times)

Offline mike44

hello from Mays landing NJ
« on: February 24, 2019, 11:57:23 PM »
I have been machining for about 8 years. Started with the Pennsylvania A-3 Switcher 3/4 scale on inadequate tools. Since then I have built about 8 or nine of Elmer Verduz's engines. The locomotive runs well on air only. I did a poor job of hard soldering the boiler. After two weeks of chasing leaks I decided this locomotive will never run on steam and made it into a display piece.
Since then I have acquired a 10 x22 lathe and a heavy duty mill drill. I am going to try a new boiler . If the boiler turns out good I will finish building the rest ,except for the tender which I will take from the display.

One problem I have that I hope someone can help me with. Kozo's A-3 Switcher book has a foldout page 135. The steam dome base is on the crease of the page .
After a time the dimensions are obliterated . I can see some of the dimensions but do not want to guess. I 'm hoping someone could help with a sketch or a copy.
Every part is  clear except for the steam dome base.
thanks, mike

Online crueby

• Rochester NY
Re: hello from Mays landing NJ
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 12:13:30 AM »
Hi Mike,

Are these the dimensions you need? My copy is in good shape - let me know if there are any others.
Chris

Offline mike44

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 12:41:07 AM »
Crueby, thanks a million. Exactly what I needed. The rest of the page is fine.

mike

Online crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 02:23:24 AM »
Excellent!  Now all we need is pictures of your model!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal