Author Topic: Bandsaw Failure  (Read 2708 times)

Offline Vixen

• Hampshire UK
Re: Bandsaw Failure
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2019, 09:14:19 AM »
Nice fix Mike. Should be good for another 20 years.

Bill

Ha ha, the band saw may be good for another 20 years, but I don't think I will be.

Mike :old:
It is the journey that matters, not the destination

Sometimes, it can be a long and winding road

Offline Lew Hartswick

• Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2019, 01:29:17 PM »
< Then I blow my nose into a clean white handkerchief, now I will have to explain that to Sonia.>
 Always use tissue for that op in the shop. :-)
   ...lew...

Offline Elam Works

• Glen Mills, PA, USA
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2019, 03:14:06 AM »
Well problem already solved.

Had the same issue and welded it with silicon bronze. Been so long ago I do not even remember what caused it to break; slamming it up, slamming it down, or looking at it cross-eyed. Bought in the mid-nineteen eighties when these imports started flooding the market here in the States. It broke within the first five years. Whatever the cause, it has held since.

You might notice the drive wheel is not a cast spoke type. Found that tended to slip too much and made a steel drive wheel, double flanged, so it would hold a rubber drive tire (or tyre). In hindsight might have been able to have used the original drive wheel as the rubber tire does not seem prone to move about. The tire is just a sliver of inner tube. That needs replacing about every twenty years.

-Doug

Offline Vixen

• Hampshire UK
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2019, 07:19:06 AM »
Hello Doug

It's good to know I am not the only one to have that casting fail. Mine had an extra locking pin to hold it open or closed. It always engaged when you didn't want it too. I have removed it as part of my repairs

Mike
It is the journey that matters, not the destination

Sometimes, it can be a long and winding road

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal