Help! > Machines, Tools and Fixtures

4x6 band saw help

(1/3) > >>

V 45:
I've had my HF 4x6 band saw for several years.  I caught my grandson playing with the tension control. Didn't know how much he turned it. Now it won't cut  or at least very slow. I loosened the spring all the loose.  That being all the weight with max speed rate. It still very slow so I checked blade and replaced it with a bi metal 10-14 blade. Cut slow still. Is there a pre set spring tention starting point? Or am I doing something wrong?

Also, researching this issue I found blade break in procedures.....anyone explain how this is done?

Thanks again

steamer:
V45

did he mess with the drive belt ratio?....

Dave

b.lindsey:
Also wondering if it was the blade tension or the downfeed rate that was messed with. Hard to imagine blade tension alone giving this result. Not sure how the downfeed is adjusted on this saw though. Does the blade feel sharp?

Bill

steamer:
Ah   Did he mess with the counter balance spring?!    check to see if he tightened it up all the way, that would tend to hold the whole saw up during a cut.   Its usually down the side of the saw with an extension spring to a lever.

Dave

b.lindsey:
That makes much more sense given the result.

Bill

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version