Engines > Restoration of Model Engines

Restoring a Grasshopper Beam Engine and Boiler

(1/14) > >>

simplyloco:
That visit to Jo yesterday has left me with a peculiar affliction: "Aquisition Syndrome"!
I acquired this setup today from a gentleman whose wife said "It has to go!" It looked a bit of a dog, but I got it home, connected up my new Simair airbrush compressor and here we have it running! Just click on the pic. All brass construction, and it's going to polish up loverly... :whoohoo:
20190129_154445 by inkaboat, on Flickr

20190129_154508 by inkaboat, on Flickr

I'd be grateful for an ID on the engine, and the boiler, which has 'BL' on the front. AND it has a Stuart V10 on the board as well!

20190129_153959 by inkaboat, on Flickr

Jo:
We need better photos to be able to identify it... A picture of the beam to see if it is a single or double would be helpful  ::)

Jo

simplyloco:
Better pictures! Did the video run OK?
DSC00711 by inkaboat, on Flickr

DSC00710 by inkaboat, on Flickr

DSC00709 by inkaboat, on Flickr

Jo:
I can only get the video to run if I go to flicker.

It is not an obvious design published in ME. As it is a bar stock engine it couple be a home designed engine.

Have you thought what you are going to do with all that lovely old original patina?

Edit: The boiler is a Bassett-Lowke babcock boiler...https://www.stationroadsteam.com/bassett-lowke-babcock-boiler-stock-code-3421/

Jo

simplyloco:

--- Quote from: Jo on January 29, 2019, 05:10:18 PM ---SNIP
Have you thought what you are going to do with all that lovely old original patina?
Jo

--- End quote ---

I'm an ex Senior NCO: I have to polish it! :slap:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version