Author Topic: Not a model engine  (Read 28381 times)

Offline Steamer5

• Global Moderator
  • The "Naki" New Zealand
Re: Not a model engine
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2019, 07:49:23 AM »
Oh that’s right rub it in!  :lolb: :lolb:

Still enjoying retirement, wondering how you fitted work in then ?

Cheers Kerrin
Get excited and make something!

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2019, 09:05:40 AM »
Retirement is horrible Kerrin: You can't imagine the challenges  :-\ Work gives you structure to your life, each day you have to get up in the morning, sit in traffic jams, you attend pointless meetings (where people have to be seen to score points off each other  :disappointed: ), sometimes you actually achieve something  :headscratch: before having another opportunity to sit in a traffic jam for hours polluting the environment and getting home knackered being thankful for the choice in instant nuc-able meals to provide dinner.

In retirement I have forced myself to still have my alarm go off at 5:30 in the morning so I have time to plan my day and everything I want to achieve. But the list is always longer than what I actually achieve  :( I still attend the odd meeting but we now discuss the changes to the seasons, the plants/ wildlife and other important village matters that need disseminating  :-X The best thing is that there is no longer any "competition" in these meetings: they are not about trying to be seen as being the best but all to do with mutual help and encouragement.  8) The worst bit is knowing that you no longer have any reason to save: all your life you save up for retirement. Once you are there you have to spend the money in your remaining time or the tax man will get it   :paranoia:

Can't sit around all day any more on the forum. In fact I need to head off shortly to my Tai Chi class  :cartwheel: Then I need to rush back in Minx to make those studs and a bit of gardening. Maybe I should get some groceries while I am out so I don't have to waste time later in the week. If I do I can cook myself something really nice for dinner before doing a bit more X stitch..... I must have forgotten something I need to do .. I never have any spare time in retirement  :disappointed:

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2019, 01:16:55 PM »
Well done Jo. Functional as well as very nice looking. Have you had any orders from X stitch friends for ones of their own?

Bill

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2019, 02:54:54 PM »
Have you had any orders from X stitch friends for ones of their own?

I am trying to avoid showing them Bill. I've run out of the brown stuff I made it out of and one tries to avoid working in that stuff if at all possible  :paranoia:

Jo

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2019, 03:15:05 PM »
Have you had any orders from X stitch friends for ones of their own?

I am trying to avoid showing them Bill. I've run out of the brown stuff I made it out of and one tries to avoid working in that stuff if at all possible  :paranoia:

Jo
I've got lots up in the shop, can send you a carton...   :LittleDevil:

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2019, 03:20:57 PM »
I've got lots up in the shop, can send you a carton...   :LittleDevil:

Yes please  :mischief:

Jo

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2019, 04:27:09 PM »
I took my new sewing table stand to the Sewing Bee this afternoon and of the 10 of us attending only one didn't want me to make her one  :facepalm:

Jo

Offline bent

• Wet side of Washington State, USA
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2019, 04:44:30 PM »
Tell them you'll give their hubbys a copy of your drawings?

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2019, 05:05:20 PM »
You are jumping to the conclusion that their Hubbies are capable of a bit of basic DIY  ::)

The only one that did think her husband was capable didn't think she wanted to wait as long as it would take him to getting round to making it  :disappointed:

Jo

Offline Flyboy Jim

• Independence, Oregon
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2019, 06:02:46 PM »
You are jumping to the conclusion that their Hubbies are capable of a bit of basic DIY  ::)

The only one that did think her husband was capable didn't think she wanted to wait as long as it would take him to getting round to making it  :disappointed:

Jo

So are you going into production soon Jo?  :naughty:  :mischief:

Jim

Sherline 4400 Lathe
Sherline 5400 Mill
"You can do small things on big machines, but you can do small things on small machines".

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2019, 06:29:43 PM »
So are you going into production soon Jo?  :naughty:  :mischief:

I had an excuse: I had no more of the brown stuff.... then one of my "customers" mentioned she helps out in the local joinery  :toilet_claw:

I am hoping she forgets   ::)

Jo

Offline bent

• Wet side of Washington State, USA
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2019, 04:45:35 PM »
Get a local scout troop to help you?

Or.... :mischief:...

1. hire a crack team of machinists located across the globe to complete various bits and pieces...
2. get said team to convince their SO's to take holiday trips to lovely old England (and packaging all their bits into the large trunk they are checking thru to Heathrow)...
3. get some local scout troops to help in the assembly process
4. deliver
profit!

You didn't say what you'd be charging the sewing circle members?

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2019, 06:06:01 PM »

profit!

You didn't say what you'd be charging the sewing circle members?

What is it with everyone?  The sewing girls first thought was I could make money out of my design as well. As I told them "I don't need any more money, I have to spend what I already have first I don't want more problems  :facepalm: "

As you get older you realise that money is not exchangeable for time or health  :ShakeHead:

Jo

Offline Stuart

• Tilchestune UK
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2019, 06:24:23 PM »
That’s so very true

‘ As you get older you realise that money is not exchangeable for time or health  “

with Linda,s on going high platelet problem got to 1600 should be 200 ,she has to take a type of chemo every day ( tablets )

My removed NET  from the plumbing need a checkup and scan every year

Yes we are ok cash wise but good health is priceless

People ask about your health , my reply to them “ I don’t know how I should feel I have never been this old before “  :old:

BTW those X stitch jobs are a work of art

Stuart
My aim is for a accurate part with a good finish

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2019, 01:28:46 PM »
Following complaints from the young ladies at the Sewing Bee that their husbands couldn't make them a stand for their sewing frames I have came up with another design.

I am using this one to hold smaller frames from only one end. The one fault in the design is that when I turn it over to tie off the nut loosens   :Doh:

Jo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal