Author Topic: minature V12 gasoline IC engine  (Read 3489 times)

Online Vixen

• Hampshire UK
Re: minature V12 gasoline IC engine
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2021, 05:54:24 PM »
That's some excellent work  :ThumbsUp:  :ThumbsUp: Is the carburettor a commercial unit?

Hello Roger,

I'm pretty certain it is a copy of a Walbro WY series , rotary barrel, diaphragm carburetor. Which specific model no, I cannot tell, as there are a number of different choke diameters in the WY series.

I have a WYK-33 fitted to my Honda GX32 tank engine and also to one of my Bristol Mercury engines. I think they are one of the best diaphragm carbs available. They run straight out of the box and I have never needed to touch the two factory set adjustment screws. The rotary barrel rotates and lifts when the throttle is opened, this lifts the needle to give more fuel as the revs increase. It does that rather well. I would recommend a WYK for any engine over about 20/ 25cc. They are dirt cheap on e-bay

Mike
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 07:30:07 PM by Vixen »
It is the journey that matters, not the destination

Sometimes, it can be a long and winding road

Offline Craig DeShong

• Raleigh, NC. USA
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2021, 08:38:04 PM »
If I could work that fast I’d have my models built in no time  :ROFL:

Seriously, a fantastic job.  Well done!
Craig
The destination motivates us toward excellence, the journey entertains us, and along the way we meet so many interesting people.

Offline Chuan Qi

• Chuan Qi Precision from China
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2021, 12:49:08 AM »
That's some excellent work  :ThumbsUp:  :ThumbsUp: Is the carburettor a commercial unit?

Hi Roger,

Thanks. It's Walbro carburetor.
mini real-scale engine

Offline Chuan Qi

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2021, 12:54:54 AM »

Hello Roger,

I'm pretty certain it is a copy of a Walbro WY series , rotary barrel, diaphragm carburetor. Which specific model no, I cannot tell, as there are a number of different choke diameters in the WY series.

I have a WYK-33 fitted to my Honda GX32 tank engine and also to one of my Bristol Mercury engines. I think they are one of the best diaphragm carbs available. They run straight out of the box and I have never needed to touch the two factory set adjustment screws. The rotary barrel rotates and lifts when the throttle is opened, this lifts the needle to give more fuel as the revs increase. It does that rather well. I would recommend a WYK for any engine over about 20/ 25cc. They are dirt cheap on e-bay

Mike

Hi Mike,

Yes you are right. It's a Walbro, good quality.

Rhett
mini real-scale engine

Offline Chuan Qi

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2021, 12:55:44 AM »
If I could work that fast I’d have my models built in no time  :ROFL:

Seriously, a fantastic job.  Well done!

Thanks Craig
mini real-scale engine

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal