Author Topic: More sad news  (Read 4444 times)

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
Re: More sad news
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 11:52:14 PM »
Nothing fills that wound. 

It's there, permanently, it heals over, but it leaves a big scar.   

But you know what?   Every time you look at that scar, you get to think of all the Love Dog brought to you and your family and friends, and think about how lucky you both were to have each other.

I've got a few of those scars.....and I'm damn glad to have every one.     Life would be so less pleasant without them.

Dave
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline stevehuckss396

• Sterling Heights, MI USA
    • Steve's Miniature Sparkplugs
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 11:53:09 PM »
If y’all ever happen to notice my avatar, it’s a picture of my bestest buddy. A white German Shepherd. Well today I had to make the decision to tell him goodbye. Cancer zeroed in on the kidneys and in the span of a week, he was helpless. He and I had a good long talk this a.m. and we agreed on the solution. He’s resting comfortably tonight. He did want me to say hey to all the forum members he met at Cabin Fever. Thanks guys

Cletus

Sorry to hear that. I have had a dog almost every day for almost fifty years so I have lost a few myself. I justify it to myself this way. 15 good years, one bad week. I'll take that deal any day.

Best to you and your family.
Do not be like the cat who wanted a fish but was afraid to get his paws wet.

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2019, 01:30:26 AM »
So very sorry to hear about DOG.   You will always miss him, and you will always remember the wonderful companion he was!
Kim

Offline Captain Jerry

• Summerfield, FL USA
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2019, 01:56:21 AM »

Eric

I never met Dog but I feel your loss.  That last long talk that is necessary for both of you is one I have had to have in the recent past and you will think back on as time goes by.  My daughter reminds me from time to time that is better to say goodby one day too soon than one day to late.  Peace is hard to find but it will come.  I still go out in the barn and yell sometimes.

Jerry
NOTARY SOJAK

There are things that you can do and some things you can't do. Don't worry about it. try it anyway.

Offline 90LX_Notch

• North Eastern Pennsylvania USA
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2019, 02:38:20 AM »
My condolences Eric. 

-Bob
Proud Member of MEM

My Engine Videos on YouTube-
http://www.youtube.com/user/Notch90usa/videos

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2019, 11:46:37 PM »
Thanks once again for all of your support folks. That in itself, speaks volumes about the quality of members we have here. I nursed a pretty bad hangover yesterday and finally made myself go to the shop this morning. I guess it’s the first Sunday I’ve been in the shed without him since I started this hobby. Time moves and and there is work to be done; he wouldn’t want me laying on my ass whimpering: he never did  :cheers:

Cletus

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2019, 11:57:06 PM »
No doubt he was there in spirit Cletus !

Bill

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2019, 11:57:31 PM »
Thanks once again for all of your support folks. That in itself, speaks volumes about the quality of members we have here. I nursed a pretty bad hangover yesterday and finally made myself go to the shop this morning. I guess it’s the first Sunday I’ve been in the shed without him since I started this hobby. Time moves and and there is work to be done; he wouldn’t want me laying on my ass whimpering: he never did  :cheers:

Cletus

Amen Brotha
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline gbritnell

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2019, 12:02:11 AM »
So sorry for your loss of a great friend Cletus!
gbritnell
Talent unshared is talent wasted.

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2019, 03:45:26 AM »
Eric,
My thoughts go with you. Mrs K & I made a decision after we were married and both working, not to get a dog that was going to be left alone at home half the day while we're at work knowing how social a dog is. You will always have the good memories to think back on.
Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline 10KPete

• Nordland, WA, USA
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2019, 05:06:35 AM »
Today is the first anniversary of our 'Moe' passing from old age.  :'(

When I was out in the shop, he was in the shade on the back porch. If the shop door was open he'd come in and lay down but not unless there was a door open. He was a rescue dog.

Many evenings when going to the house I see him there, waiting for me...\

Sorry, it sorta poured out.

Pete
Craftsman, Tinkerer, Curious Person.
Retired, finally!
SB 10K lathe, Benchmaster mill. And stuff.

Offline scc

• Lancashire, UK
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2019, 12:09:59 PM »
[q(oday is the first anniversary of our 'Moe' passing from old age.  :'(

When I was out in the shop, he was in the shade on the back porch. If the shop door was open he'd come in and lay down but not unless there was a door open. He was a rescue dog.

Many evenings when going to the house I see him there, waiting for me...\

Sorry, it sorta poured out.)         Pete, it has to come out....that's the only way the memories get "easier"      Non-animal people will never get to experience the love and trust that we have......Terry

Pete

[/quote]

Offline Flyboy Jim

• Independence, Oregon
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2019, 03:19:23 PM »
Time moves and and there is work to be done; he wouldn’t want me laying on my ass whimpering: he never did  :cheers:

Cletus

Well put Eric.  :ThumbsUp: My condolences.

Jim
Sherline 4400 Lathe
Sherline 5400 Mill
"You can do small things on big machines, but you can do small things on small machines".

Online Twizseven

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2019, 08:58:53 PM »
They do leave large holes when they pass.  I just lost one of my cats today.  He was around 19 and adopted us when he was about 4.

Struggling to breathe and Xray showed tumour in the throat followed by collapsed lungs. Left him sedated till we could get to the vets and then we had to have him put down.

Sad day.  He regularly used to sleep in my Caterham 7 and always spent time out in workshop with me.

Colin

Offline scc

• Lancashire, UK
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2019, 09:16:56 PM »
Sad day indeed Colin.     My condolences.            Terry

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal