Author Topic: Colliery Mine Diorama  (Read 4758 times)

Offline J.L.

• Rest In Peace
Re: Colliery Mine Diorama
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 10:02:43 PM »
Thank you for your interest gentlemen.

Thomas I probably would have taken you up on your kind offer of welding the steel.

Roger, welding was out of the question for me. I have no welding equipment or experience in that area at all. I've managed to wrestle 22 1/4"x 5/8" nuts and bolts into place.

The table is finally coming together.

Offline ddmckee54

• We're having fun now --- or so I've been told.
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2019, 10:21:36 PM »
John:

It's been two weeks, this isn't like you.  You fall down that mine shaft you're building?

Don

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2019, 07:11:49 AM »
I hear the shaft has been filled in and capped  :-X

Offline J.L.

• Rest In Peace
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2019, 01:35:41 PM »
Well said Jason.

This project has undergone many offsite discussions about its feasibility. It has been decided at this point to redirect my energies onto another project.

At least I will have a nice table for the new endeavour.  :D

This is not to say that the idea of an engine raising and lowering men and payloads had completely died. It has simply been put on the back burner.

Thanks for asking Don.

Cheers...John

Offline Chester

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2019, 02:35:43 PM »
John, sometimes the best projects arrive, not as an epiphany, but as a slow fermentation that needs a little time to develop its character. I’m thinking of Chris’ Stinky hoppies that his shop elves seem to enjoy. I’m sure, once this has been given the time, it’s going to be a most enjoyable endeavor

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2019, 02:42:50 PM »
John, sometimes the best projects arrive, not as an epiphany, but as a slow fermentation that needs a little time to develop its character. I’m thinking of Chris’ Stinky hoppies that his shop elves seem to enjoy. I’m sure, once this has been given the time, it’s going to be a most enjoyable endeavor
:Lol:

I agree on the project ideas, but I think Zee is the only one in the world that can stomach a Stinky Hoppy, one of my elves tried on and exploded. Very messy. And smelly.

:Lol:

Offline Mcgyver

• Toronto
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2019, 05:29:13 PM »
I'm looking forward to the build.  The stuff I find the most interesting to see would be better described as Model Engineering projects (vs just engines) so thanks bringing such projects to the site.

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2019, 07:34:58 PM »
If you ever get really ambitous, I can get you full plans for these machines and the building too:

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2019, 07:55:10 PM »
I'm bummed this project is going on the back burner but I'm looking to the next project (with hopes this one returns).

@Chris...

I agree on the project ideas, but I think Zee is the only one in the world that can stomach a Stinky Hoppy, one of my elves tried on and exploded. Very messy. And smelly.

It's 'Stinking Hoppie'. Your elves can't mix drinks and should stick to something they know. Do they know something?  ;D
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2019, 07:58:06 PM »
I'm bummed this project is going on the back burner but I'm looking to the next project (with hopes this one returns).

@Chris...

It's 'Stinking Hoppie'. Your elves can't mix drinks and should stick to something they know. Do they know something?  ;D
Oh.

That mispelling would explain the rabbit bits floating in the pitcher...   :facepalm:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal