Supporting > Boilers

AOG’s PMR BLR-1 V2 build

<< < (2/8) > >>

b.lindsey:
Looking good so far Tony!!

Bill

AOG:
I spent this weekend soldering the tubes into the tube plates. In addition, the bushing and extension for the safety valve were soldered in. I used silverflow55 and tenacity flux. Having learned my lesson last time, I broke out the turbotorch to get enough heat. I don’t know why but I always have trouble with the amount of solder to use. On attempt one I didn’t use enough and I had bare patches. Naturally on my second attempt I overdid it. Here is a picture after pickling.

Till next time.

Tony

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AOG:
The temperature in the garage was warm enough for me to get some more done on this today. The first thing I did was to glue a copy of the template onto the boiler shell and drill the holes for all of the fittings.

Next I slid in the tube assembly and held it in place with some sheet metal clamps. Then I drilled the four holes nearest the clamps and used my cleco clamps to hold the parts together.

Then I moved the clamps over one and drilled the next hole repeating until I got all of the holes drilled and clamped. The purpose of the clamp to to keep the tube plate from bending away from the outer shell as I was drilling the holes.

With the holes drilled I pulled out my rivet squeezer and put in the top row of rivets.

Here is the current state of the boiler.

Till next time

Tony

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

b.lindsey:
Good to see an update Tony.  Still watching as I have this kit in the queue for someday in the future  ;)

Bill

crueby:
Well done, those clamps really did the trick.
 :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version