General Category > Chatterbox

Bought a new machine yesterday---

(1/2) > >>

Brian Rupnow:
This is a new oscillating sander that I bought yesterday. The spindle not only revolves, it travels up and down in a linear motion. I have never had much luck getting smooth inside corners on my aluminum fabrication work for small engines. I have tried filing, wrapping sandpaper around a dowel, even sanding drums mounted in my milling machine, but non of it gave really great results. This machine comes with five different size arbors, from 1/4" up to and including 2" diameter. Hopefully, this is going to improve the quality of some of my work. It was on sale for $160 off the regular price, so I dug deep into the Rupnow fortune and bought it.---Brian
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4eISjyjwO4

Ye-Ole Steam Dude:
Hello Brian,

I do not own one of those sanders but I have used one of my friends and it does a beautiful job, you will enjoy it.

Have a great holiday,
Thomas

crueby:
Should help a lot - the vertical motion of the drum reduces the tendancy to get grooves in the work, dont have one but used one back in school shop many moons ago.

b.lindsey:
I have often wondered how those will work for modeling work Brian. Please keep us posted on the results.

Bill

mcostello:
Now You get to make an adapter to do square corners. :Lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version