Author Topic: Doug Cvelbar in Columbus, Ohio  (Read 2485 times)

Offline Jadecy

Doug Cvelbar in Columbus, Ohio
« on: October 16, 2012, 03:30:41 PM »
Many of you already know me. I've been on HMEM and have been a vendor at NAMES, Cabin Fever, and the MidEast model show in Zanesville. If anyone wants details on this please ask through a private message. I do not want to cause any issues by posting something that might be viewed as advertising.

I am model builder and enjoy working with anything mechanical and electrical. I grew up working on and repairing all sorts of things from home appliances to vehicles and anything in between that could possibly need repair around the house. It was like a continuous shop class! I have an electrical engineering technology degree but work full time as a software engineer on somewhat boring standard business applications.

My machines are a J Head Bridgeport and a 13x40 Grizzly lathe. I also have a Sherline CNC mill that I use for some things. Before I started machining about 5 years ago I did a lot of automotive repair including body repair so I am also pretty good at welding with Oxy/Acetylene torch, TIG, and MIG.

I am the fixit guy in the neighborhood so I see a lot of bicycles. The most recent project was making mounts to put a 1000 cc fuel injected engine in a 600 cc  carbureted engine GSXR frame for my neighbor. Had to fabricate mounts and cut out a section of the fuel tank and weld in new plate for different fuel pump. It was a fast bike before but now it is scary fast!

I hope to see some of you in Zanesville next weekend!

BTW. If anyone wonders why I go by "Jadecy" it is the pseudo phoenetic of "JDC" which are my son's initials.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 03:33:48 PM by Jadecy »

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: Doug Cvelbar in Columbus, Ohio
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 03:57:07 PM »
Welcome to MEM Doug. Good to see you here and I'm sure you will recognize many of the folks here as well.

Bill

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 08:03:41 PM »
 :hi: Doug.

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 10:57:25 PM »
Welcome!

Dave
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal