Author Topic: Why did I bother?  (Read 671 times)

Offline RayW

Why did I bother?
« on: November 23, 2018, 04:35:03 PM »
I ordered a small piece of cast iron bar from eBay several months ago to make some piston rings. On receipt of the parcel, I discovered not only my order, but an identical one for someone in Scotland, complete with the packing invoice containing all his address details.
Being the honest soul that I am, I phoned the company to make them aware of the situation. I would have been quite happy to post the item on to the other person provided that the firm was happy to re-imburse me for the postage.
A very off-hand female said that she could not understand what had happened and that she would have to investigate and call me back. I pointed out that it would cost more than the item was worth for me to return it to them and for them to post it to the correct address. I fully expected a call back to say "thanks for contacting us, please just keep both pieces" but have not heard a word from them, so into my cast iron stock have gone both pieces.
Next time, I'll keep quiet and just thank my luck. Hopefully, it will be something a bit bigger!!
Ray

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: Why did I bother?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 04:45:16 PM »
Well you did the right thing Ray. The fact that they didn't care enough to call you back is on them. I hope the other customer got what they ordered though. Funny how customer service varies isn't it?

Bill

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal