Author Topic: Californian Wild Fires  (Read 875 times)

Offline mikemill

Californian Wild Fires
« on: November 17, 2018, 10:19:34 AM »
I would like to let our American friends know that our thoughts and prayers are with them during the disastrous wild fires in California, the thought of being trapped in your home or car surrounded by fire is horrific. We hear the numbers of missing persons keep growing and now over a thousand.

There is a relevance to this site as many years ago there was a report in the Model Engineer magazine about a ME in New Zealand who had his house, workshop and all his models destroyed by a wild fire. Such was this man’s determination not give in to the situation he stoically rebuilt his house, workshop restored his machine tools and models.
Let’s hope those who have survived the calamity in California can rebuild their homes and life’s to.

My Best Wishes

Mike

Offline scc

• Lancashire, UK
Re: Californian Wild Fires
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 03:55:23 PM »
AMEN to that Mike,                    Terry

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 12:49:32 AM »
It has been very devastating to those communities affected for sure. These fires engulfed whole neighborhoods in a matter of minutes. I fear that so many of the missing will not be found, but certainly hope for the best.  Thought go out to all of those in those areas.

Bill

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 10:29:31 PM »
While it is very sad for all those affected - I really hope that Marv and other member from Californien are OK.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 01:10:43 AM »
I see that Marv was online today on the forum, so hopefully he is safe. Hope he will check in soon and post an update.

Bill

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal