Author Topic: Boo Boo Bin  (Read 8568 times)

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: Boo Boo Bin
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2018, 12:27:10 AM »
Minus a few "o"s once I realized what I was doing :paranoia:

Bill

Offline Zephyrin

• near Paris, France
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2018, 07:21:00 AM »
A wrongly sided camshaft doesnt look like a booboo as long as you are not trying to fit it in the  engine...

Offline gerritv

• St Catharines, ON
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2018, 01:33:14 PM »
When you are too focused on where you are cutting to notice where you are also cutting:
Don't confuse activity with progress

Offline Mcgyver

• Toronto
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2018, 05:06:13 PM »
my numerous attempts at making the crankshafts for my Stuart Triples  ::)

yeah, those Stuart built up cranks are a nightmare.  Save some time and toss them directly into the scrap bin.  I too made a pretzel, but redeemed myself from the solid

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2018, 05:10:33 PM »
Ouch!  And not even the right shape for a 'wobbler' engine!   :Lol: The replacement one came out great!

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2018, 04:22:41 PM »
To make us all feel a bit better Eric let me photograph his attempts at Elf crankshafts to show you.

These are not only small and fiddly but the first batch he machined with the wrong throw  :facepalm:

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Online Twizseven

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2018, 08:32:33 PM »
Recently managed to obtain a Lenz LPA 1S Boring and Facing head.  It has a 40Int arbor and my colleague is making a MT3 arbor for it to suit my Chester Super Lux.  I had the nice simple job of making one of the limit plates as one was missing. Copy dimensions and shape from existing one no problem.  Spot the problem in the photo below.

I copied the existing Right hand one perfectly, unfortunately I did not turn it over to machine the guide.  So I have two lovely right hand plates.  Started again and marked up opposite hand and spent another couple of hours.

Just had to take the final couple of thou off the guide and the motor on the mill failed.  Bit of filing and it fits.  The correct one fitted on the left in the photo and the right hand spare the on the box.

Problem is I now need to find out whats gone wrong with the motor.  It just hums when press starter button.  Gave no indication of issues it had been running 5 minutes earlier.  Although had the machine about 10 years I doubt if it has been used more that 20 or 30 hours in that time.

Colin

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal