Author Topic: Schaublin 102VM  (Read 4039 times)

Offline Florian Eberhard

Re: Schaublin 102VM
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2018, 10:53:37 PM »
Hi Simon

If you look at this old picture from anglo-swiss tools, I guess they were never painted:
http://anglo-swiss-tools.co.uk/schaublin-102vm-102n-vm/

Florian

Online steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2018, 01:09:37 PM »
The lead screw oiler wheel is an impressive piece.   Always loved the Schaublins...expensive buggers...Hope you got tooling with it Simon.

W20?

Dave
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Online sco

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2018, 07:28:43 PM »
Dave - sorry for slow reply, yes got lots of collets, chucks, tool holders, centres, face-plates etc.  I'll post some pictures of all that shortly.

So the last few weeks have been spent on painting and then re-assembling - seems to take ages to mask all the bright work / un-painted areas and then apply several coats of paint.  Putting the saddle back together was a challenge - there is a definite order and you seem to need multiple pairs of hands to engage the half nut casting with the engagement lever and then spent some time adjusting all the gibs - three for the saddle and the one on the cross-slide - do like the tapered gibs with the axial adjustment screws though.

Here's some before and after pictures;
Ars longa, vita brevis.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2018, 07:43:00 PM »
Now that's a lathe!!!  Very nice Simon  :ThumbsUp:

Bill

Online sco

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2018, 08:08:21 PM »
Thanks Bill  ;D

Two other jobs done today;

The two drawers have locks (removed in the photo) but no key, took one of the locks to the local key cutting shop and got a suitable blank key.  By taking the lock apart I could file the blank to suit the 5 internal levers and get a working key.

The lever controlling the lead screw forward and reverse had more play than I'd like and it was evident the key had worn by about 0.3mm, feeling lazy I flipped the key to get the unworn side and bonded it back in with 648.  Time will tell whether this dodge works long term!

Simon.
Ars longa, vita brevis.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal