Author Topic: How To Submit Plans  (Read 1774 times)

Offline corlissbs

How To Submit Plans
« on: August 23, 2019, 04:55:11 PM »
I have to copy a set of drawings of a no-longer produced hot air engine for a friend. How could I submit these plans to this site? They are all 8.5" x 11" sheets. What restrictions are there, if any. I assume you want a PDF file. Thank you.  Brad Smith Franklin, WI

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
Re: How To Submit Plans
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 05:01:01 PM »
Hi Brad,

You can attach .pdf files to posts on the forum. We have a size limit of 1MB per item. (The software won't let anything bigger attach  :disappointed: ) I often scan drawings as Jpegs rather than .pdfs as the forum software can show a thumbnail of the picture.

Is your friend the owner of the copyright on the plans? and has he given you permission to post the plans?

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline corlissbs

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 06:52:09 PM »
Thank you. No, my friend bought an unfinished engine with no plans. Paul Jacobs, who sold the kits died several years ago and the patterns are spread between PA and CA. That's why I figured that the plans could be published. I no longer sell my casting kits and am still alive and would not mind having my plans posted. Brad Smith, Franklin, WI

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 08:17:06 PM »
If your friend has drawn up his own plans then he owns their copyright and if he says you can post them you can post away  :)

You own the rights to your own design (as long as you have not sold your rights) so can do what you wish with them ;)

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal