Author Topic: Posting videos  (Read 707 times)

Offline jclouden

• Front Royal, VA USA
Posting videos
« on: November 02, 2018, 05:18:06 PM »
I last posted a video over a year ago when I showed my PMR#1.  I used youtube then and while it took me about an hour to upload it worked fine.  Several months ago I tried to post my Odds n' Ends hit & miss engine when I first got it running, went through the long upload, then I could not post it on the forum.  I try to record videos at the lowest resolution I can.  Is there a better way to handle videos?  I have my O&E HnM engine, base & ignition system completed and want to post it but am not sure that I want to spend a couple of hours with the video, pictures and write up and lose it all when I try to post .

Appreciate any help,
Jon

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
Re: Posting videos
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 05:33:39 PM »
Hi Jon,

The forum software does not allow videos to be uploaded you have to host the video elsewhere and link to it.

You can add pictures but there is a size limit so that our friends who access the forum via their mobile devices can also see the pictures (and do not have to wait for ever for them to download  ::) ).

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 05:47:50 PM »
I upload my videos to YouTube and then just paste the URL into my post. If you use the YouTube button above the video will not be visible to some internet browsers.
Best regards

Roger

Offline jclouden

• Front Royal, VA USA
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 05:50:09 PM »
Jo,
I'm not having trouble with photos, I resize them to low resolution and they load OK.  Videos are another issue.
Jon

Roger,
Do you copy the URL into the body of the? 
Jon
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 05:53:22 PM by jclouden »

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 05:50:27 PM »
Must be the connection speed at your end I can upload a 2-3 minute video to You Tube in less than 5 mins and that is not a low resolution one.

Host the photos elsewhere on a free site and you can put up as many as you want as big as you want though about 640x400 suits the forum layout and you can place the images within the text not all stuck at the end which makes a build thread so much easier to follow.

Online crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 07:20:47 PM »
On Youtube, I hit the 'share' button, which gives me a short URL - copy and paste that into the text my post onits own line, and it shows up in the post.
Another thing I usually do is to select all on the text of a post and copy it before hitting the 'post' button, just in case something fails. That way, I can paste it back into the editor without retyping it all. It does not happen often, but just enough to make it worth doing.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal